Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this shock with my new Intense 6.6 and liking it very much.
I know like Ronnie and TNC are getting it so we'd like to share our experience with the shock.

Tonight, I did some drops and while how it keeps its plushness, it didn't bottom out.
I like how I can easily change the settings and the controlls are very responsive. I will do more reports on the future, but here is little report from the ride tonight.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Interesting blog. Thanks for the Evolver info. Only suggestion I'd have is to get a flash for your camera...or a better flash. What setting did you have on your first outting there?...main chamber pressure, bottomout pressure, and compression settings. I wasn't sure if your 100 psi was in the bottomout chamber or main chamber. Keep the info coming. I'll do the same as soon as I can get the right spacers.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, the description in the blog is for the AMSL1.

For the Evolver, the main is about 175psi, and the bottom out is around 80psi.
Although the main air seems high, it is still very plush.

And for the photo, it is intentional. What is it that you don't like, I intetionally make the contrast very low to get the analog, film taste instead of cheap high contrast photo and avoid getting flash reflecting on the metal materials, but is it too low contrast to you? I need to know because my eye sights are not too good any more, and many times I have to work with low light display setting, but I'm trying to be able to provide good medium for people to see, so I'm open for your opinion.

I usually get complements for my photos, but thanks for your opinion.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
LOL!...yeah, photography is definitely often about personal taste. I guess for a technical discussion of a component, I'll take a brighter and more highly contrasted pic over an artistically pleasant one. On the other hand, I'll take the more artisitically pleasing shots for action and outdoor stuff.

Thanks for the psi numbers in the shock. 175 doesn't sound too high when you consider that 220-230 is the more common pressure run in a DHXA on a Nomad. I notice both the Evolver and the DHXA have a max main chamber pressure of 300, so your 175 looks pretty decent.

Hey OBG, just curious...are you a Japanese native or a transplant from another country? I see you're currently in Tokyo.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reflection of the ceiling WAS little too far on that one, but that was really the quick ones. But I would say any good flash won't do anything, actually you have to have defuser or reflectors facing the products instead of using the ceiling reflection, but I won't be able to provide this many photos and infos if I start to do that.

But tell you, all of you have to be careful making your screen too bright. I currently changed my display from Apple Cinema Display 30inch to Eizo with 5 presets on the setting, so I'm flipping the preset depending on what I'm doing. The super bright Cinema display damanged my eyes so bad, so be careful. I thought there was something wrong with my screen settings while I was editing the photos. But I must say I'm more naturalist on the light. I even have a photo gallery on my website www.xtream.ne.jp that says, "Naturally Lighted World" and to show don't use any flash. Anyways, blah blah blah;).

About the main air chamber, I was using Pearl 3.1 on my now stolen 5.5, and it took only 80psi but never bottom out. So, I thought the trend was going low in pressure. Nothing wrong with Evolver setting, I'm actually pretty used to that, because I had used Swinger Air 4-way on my again, stolen Dawg. I tell you Shibuya, Tokyo is terrible place to live. I'm totally Japanese but had studied in Hawaii for six years and my wife is from Hawaii. Married for over 20 years.:thumbsup:

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Cool...thanks for the info. Man, it really does sound like you have to keep your bike under tight security around there for sure...ouch! OBG, I can guarantee you that your English is much better than my Japanese...LOL! That's the neat thing about MTBR. We get to see riders, equipment, and perspectives from all over the world.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was funny because Blaster1200, a member here saw me at my local park and started talking to me because I was riding 5.5, of course not knowing both of us are on MTBR.
Then started saying, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen your bike photo...lol! Amazing.

·
GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
936 Posts
OneBikeGuy, the info on the Intrinsinc chamber is correct but you should be running the riders body weight on the Shock AirSprung chamber, and per Manitou you should not mess around too much with the Intrinsinc Chamber it self.
Have fun with that shock i'm running my for 5months now and i really like it even though is the PROTO one.

regards

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
TNC,

So you have received yours! They have told me mine should ship tomorrow.:rolleyes: I hope I don't have spacer problems. I gave them all the details. I'd prefer to use new ones but in the worst case I should be able to use the ones from my Swinger. I'm assuming the bushings are the same.

OBG,

I must agree with TNC when it comes to bike photos. As I can't see your bike in the flesh, I'd love to see high resolution, detailed photos.

Also, I wanted to ask you what happens when you increase the air pressure in the piggy back?

Ronnie.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Really? I wonder if that is something to do with Mac/windows thing.
The photo sizes and resolutions are set automatic to optimize for web.
I see nothing wrong with my photos on all of the macs at work.
I have to see my photos on windows.

Also, abou the IPF, I described that increasing air made the shock to be really stiff in my blog. I just increased only little bit. The numbers that I have should be good now, 175psi in the main and 100psi in the IPF for my weight, sub 70kgs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.