Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1036 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first weekend since I picked up my Lynskey, back before Christmas, that the local trails were dry enough to ride. It has been wet and snowy down here since October. Cabin Fever broke this weekend and people were riding all over town. I finally got to ride my new frame (3 months old now) on some familiar dry ground. Due to a lack of consistency in my riding, I was having trouble finding the bikes sweet spot. I think I have that all figured out now, cause the bike was carving turns and feels very solid. As Spring approaches there will be some pedaling to do and I was wanting see some other peoples Lynskey's and how they have them set-up. Please, post-up some pictures of your Ti sweetness if you'd like.

I'll post a photo of mine, after I take some glamour shots.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all!

Here's mine!

I assembled it one week ago and i already have enjoyed the first 100 kilometers with it in the mountains of Attica (Greece) after two looong months of waiting without a bike...

First 29er and first ti frame for me!

There's not many things to say since i haven't put enough ride hours to it,but until this moment i feel that this thing really expands my limits!Fast,agile and impressively forgiving for a ΗΤ!

24,50 lbs with pedals + bottle cage.

The set up is not complete yet,but i was excited and i wanted some shots immediately!!!:D

·
retired
82 Posts
Zaratustra said:
Hi all!

Here's mine!

I assembled it one week ago and i already have enjoyed the first 100 kilometers with it in the mountains of Attica (Greece) after two looong months of waiting without a bike...

First 29er and first ti frame for me!

There's not many things to say since i haven't put enough ride hours to it,but until this moment i feel that this thing really expands my limits!Fast,agile and impressively forgiving for a ΗΤ!

24,50 lbs with pedals + bottle cage.

The set up is not complete yet,but i was excited and i wanted some shots immediately!!!:D
nice bike, and pics

·
Fatback
706 Posts
No pics, but my 2009 Pro29 with a curved tt is the finest riding hardtail I've ver ridden. It may or may not be as stiff as the current model, but either way, it's the compliance I love about the frame. With a ti post and tubeless Racing Ralph 2.25's on Stan't Flows, it glides over everything Alaska has to offer.

·
Registered
373 Posts
FD clearance issue with 2009 Pro 29er

I am not sure this is the right place for this question, but I recently purchased a 2009 Pro 29er. It is built with a X-9 group and I have the required low mount FD on it, but there is less than a centimeter of clearance between the rear tire and the FD and I am only running a Maxis Crossmark 2.1.
Anyone notice a similar issue?
What FD do you guys run?

Thanks.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a similar issue with a previous frame. The Shimano XT M771 front derailluer is very low profile and should provide the clearance you need. My current Lynskey has loads of clearance so, this is no longer an issue for me.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Plinkomatic said:
What's that fender?
This thread could also be called the, "I don't have kids but lots of money" Thread.
I don't have kids TRUE, Lot's of money FALSE

The fender is a Planet Bike for 700c wheels. I've used them before and they are very durable and fit nicely. However, there is not enough coverage at the BB area. I would like to find someone who could make exactly what I want but the NOT "lots of money" thing slowed my search.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Still swapping some parts around and getting things dialed in. 23.2 lbs right now, should be high 22s when I'm done.

Plinkomatic said:
This thread could also be called the, "I don't have kids but lots of money" Thread.
Life is about priorities.

·
One of the Many
85 Posts
I have a CAD drawing of mine. It is painful to see the build kit just sitting there on my desk waiting for the frame to be built and shipped to Australia. I didn't ask if the tubes will get twisted the other way for a southern hemisphere bike.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
I'm Lovin mine........wanted it since they showed it in 2008 at the NAHBS....had them remake it for me down to the same color.

Classic wolf in sheeps clothing, cruiser that can be a racer when it wants to be.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1036 Posts