Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you people are sadly mistaken if you think the cr1 frame is the lightest. these
are the new tcr advanced made out of t-800 carbon, which is different than the previous
one made of t-700 cf. if you look at the junction of the seat tube, top tube, seat mast and
seat stays you will see how it is "swoopy". this signafies that it is the t-800 fibers
as they are to brittle to bend and form near 90 degree bends for typical joints. this frame
with seatmast weighs in the low 800's, far lighter than anything else even
without a seatpost, which you have to add in. DO NOT mistake this frame for
the t-700 advanced, they are completely different.

Attachments

·
shaved yeti
430 Posts
Very nice! But why are you ranting about a road bike you can't even buy on a Mountain bike Board? :D

p.s.- Welcome to the Forums!

edit:
Oh, I see trying to make a point about another post.... the Scott is lighter than the TCR Advanced by 65g... Of course the TCR has the seatmast built in.... The Look 585 is lighter than the TCR A as well by 42. And that came out of the mouth of the local Giant rep. But like I said earlier, doesn't matter if you can't own one.

Here's the link:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=93064

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
to be verified...

peabody said:
you people are sadly mistaken if you think the cr1 frame is the lightest. these
are the new tcr advanced made out of t-800 carbon, which is different than the previous
one made of t-700 cf. if you look at the junction of the seat tube, top tube, seat mast and
seat stays you will see how it is "swoopy". this signafies that it is the t-800 fibers
as they are to brittle to bend and form near 90 degree bends for typical joints. this frame
with seatmast weighs in the low 800's, far lighter than anything else even
without a seatpost, which you have to add in. DO NOT mistake this frame for
the t-700 advanced, they are completely different.
all i can say:
this has to be verified ! Giant made a lot of hype about the TCR advanced saying it was by far the lightest and stiffest (also sub 900g!) and the result was a frameset that was almost 1400g and having low stiffness numbers as well. so low german TOUR rated the frame as too soft and only for light riders as the frame would start shaking going down at speed...

don't shout out too loud before things have been verified!

·
Registered
235 Posts
split said:
PARLEE, not Calfee.
Yeah...I can read too. I'm just indicating that people have been raving about the Calfee DragonFly as well and it turned out to be not what was claimed. I'll believe Parlee after I've tried one for myself or when it's been tested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.