Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted picks of this bike as a 650b before it was really done. I've got it pretty much done and I weighed it on the UPS scale at work which was 23.4 pounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The only way I can explain how it rides is, imagine riding a 29r then imagine a 26". It's right in between. I have a 26" Canny Scalpel that I don't really enjoy riding anymore because this Scott just feels better. Both bikes are close in weight. The Scalpel just seems small and doesn't seem to fit. Because I can dial in the rear suspension on the fly with the Scott Traction Lock control on the bar and because of the larger tire size the bike seems ready to hit any terrain at any given moment. I do wish I had some lockout feature at the front fork but I'm learning to overcome by keeping my arse in the saddle more. The action of the White Bros fork is better than any other fork I've tried, which I won't name but there was two others. The 20mm axle seemed to help alot with the lateral stiffness in the front too. I originally was going to build a Ventana El Bastardo but I got this carbon frame serveral hundred dollars less. The season for mtb riding is just kicking off for me here because of the weather but based on the rides so far I think I have made a good investment. Expensive but good. Thankx Kirk. You Da Man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts