Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Loser
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this was the last time we'll be riding on top of snow this year - another day of "go anywhere" snow - some patches of ice and collapsible snow, but mostly it was just riding anywhere and finding the rocks, logs and other stuff you want to play on. 2.5 hours of woods wandering with 4 others with like minds. We got out just as the snow was starting to warm to the point where it wouldn't hold you up anymore.

I'm the first biker to go by in the video.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
That's exactly what we were doing this morning too. What a friggin' hoot! Looks like the next two mornings should be just as good, 15-20* will do that :thumbsup: As of right now the plan is to hit it again Tuesday morning for a sunrise crustfest.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think I had my last snow ride today as well. Saved the best for last. 27 miles to take me up to 200 miles so far this year. We were able to ride on groomed cross country ski trails. It was awesome. About 10 psi - first time I've been above 6 this year. I got my Beargrease at the end of 2013 and man was it worth it. It has been a great winter.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm kind of ready for spring... had my last winter ride on saturday and I was looking forward to the fact that it was 36 degrees and my toes weren't going to go numb this time... And then I ended up riding through some submerged sections of trail, walking through some calf-high semi-frozen swamp and I still ended up freezing my feet.

This really is the time of year I love my fatbike the most- it's when nothing else can possible make it out. Several of the trails I was on would have been close to impossible on foot...

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Snow is the same way in Midwest Wisconsin. I am just a little to heavy to take advantage in some places...but my riding buddy was having a blast.

The trails were.really good though.... where they weren't glare ice.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good to see the FB4s trudging through!
Love my Elite more and more every single day I ride it, no matter the conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts