Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Just to the top or round trip? Make it a double and ride a mtb to the wilderness.

-M

·
occasionally good
7,100 Posts
wolfy said:
Just to the top or round trip? Make it a double and ride a mtb to the wilderness.

-M
That trail is not for ordinary mortals, Wolfy... at least not *this* ordinary mortal. An advanced rider could do it, but it's a lot of unrelenting climbing with plenty o' roots, rocks and creek crossings to keep it interesting. Being the ordinary mortal that I am, I spend a fair amount of time off the bike. ;)

I was up there last weekend and there's still a *lot* of snow. You couldn't get a bike past Lamoille Lake at this point. Made for some great boot skiing, though.

The ride up the canyon is a blast, and the ride back down is a screamer. Thanks for the link, Pugdawg. :D

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
I'm sorry, what I meant to say was: you call that a hill!?!!

I saw bike tracks on that trail when we were coming down. It looked like a huffer for some DH geeks.

Ride in the morning then bbq then hike to favre lake for scotch and mashed potatos sounds nice. I'm backpacking the previous weekend so I'm not sure it's in the cards for me. Why did we fix our house up exactly the way we wanted and then move into another blankfriggingslate?!?!?!

-M

·
occasionally good
7,100 Posts
wolfy said:
I'm sorry, what I meant to say was: you call that a hill!?!!

I saw bike tracks on that trail when we were coming down. It looked like a huffer for some DH geeks.

Ride in the morning then bbq then hike to favre lake for scotch and mashed potatos sounds nice. I'm backpacking the previous weekend so I'm not sure it's in the cards for me. Why did we fix our house up exactly the way we wanted and then move into another blankfriggingslate?!?!?!

-M
What were you thinking, sillyperson?

I hope you weren't thinking of hiking BACK from Favre after slugging a bunch o' scotch...

You don't see many tire tracks on that trail, although you do occasionally see mine. It is a whole lot more fun going downhill than up, I'll say that much. They've done some work recently on the Island Lake trail which should make it more rideable, although again it's a beast of a grunt to get up.

I've not done the Lamoille Hillclimb before, although I do hear they get a decent crowd. It's a popular ride with the roadies. I've ridden the canyon numerous times on my MTB... with as rough as that road is I'm happy to have fat tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts