Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some Atom and Sturmey Archer drum brakes that need pads. I guess it's possible to get pad material and glue/epoxy it onto the shoe, but have never done this. Anyone got info or sources for pads or pad material?

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
Great thread idea FB. Seeing that this is an open thread, can any one give me any info on Grimeca drums. I have a NOS 36h set needing a home in my quiver but I don't want to use them if they're crap. I've read that they were used quite a bit on muscle bikes and comfort tandems in the 70's.
Jeff

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
Great thread idea FB. Seeing that this is an open thread, can any one give me any info on Grimeca drums. I have a NOS 36h set needing a home in my quiver but I don't want to use them if they're crap. I've read that they were used quite a bit on muscle bikes and comfort tandems in the 70's.
Jeff
Grimeca's were allright, beefy and they are still in business I think. I think Worksman industrial bikes still uses them too. Finding them drilled for 36 holes is pretty rare. Most were 28.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.