Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody interested in trying out my keg ?~?

All air mail it to you and you keep it a few weeks and pass it along.

Maybe 3 or 4 people interested ?~?

I really like the keg in the trails, but i will put on the stockie to have more fun.

The volume shim has found a new home, so sorry it can't go with it.

Please post if your interested and I will do the rest. It can end up with anybody......

Cheers
AM

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've got something that might work better. I found that my stock RP23 was just a little too active. SO, I've upgraded to a '07 BlockShock. Much more efficient pedaling.... It's aspen. Best strength to weight ratio.....

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

cheers,
simp

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simplton said:
I've got something that might work better. I found that my stock RP23 was just a little too active. SO, I've upgraded to a '07 BlockShock. Much more efficient pedaling.... It's aspen. Best strength to weight ratio.....

cheers,
simp
bottom out control as well

·
Registered
631 Posts
All Mountain said:
bottom out control as well
Good point. Actually, I had some fluid seaping from the rebound / propedal controls on my RP23 so I sent it off to Fox for warranty work. I didn't want the rear end hangin on the rear shift cable while it was in the stand so I rigged up that stupid spacer.

Sorry for the hijack......

later,
simp

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Simp, you make me LMAO......has that thing been "PUSHED"........think the travel has been reduced a little.....but surely a stiifer ride.....

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
simplton said:
Good point. Actually, I had some fluid seaping from the rebound / propedal controls on my RP23 so I sent it off to Fox for warranty work. I didn't want the rear end hangin on the rear shift cable while it was in the stand so I rigged up that stupid spacer.

Sorry for the hijack......

later,
simp
How's the shoulder progressing ?~?

·
Registered
631 Posts
TiEndo said:
Simp, you make me LMAO......has that thing been "PUSHED"........think the travel has been reduced a little.....but surely a stiifer ride.....
Nope, hasn't been PUSHED yet. Right now I'm just playing around with different mounting positions, different wood types etc. Once I find the best combination I'll send it off to PUSH and let the experts have their way with it.

All Mountain said:
How's the shoulder progressing ?~?
OK, I guess. That 2nd surgery really took the snot out of me. I'm feeling the pain quite a bit this time 'round too. But, I'm on some pretty heavy duty pain killers so that helps. I just don't like bein' a medicine head all the time. Been off of work all week and I can really tell that the lack of excersise is taking it's toll on me. On Monday I have a follow up so I'll post the X-rays of the new plate Monday night. I'm using this time do some serious clean-up work on my bike and I finished my "Kinda Retro" ride this morning. My brother in-law is stopping in tomorrow to take it on it's second maden vouyage. It's a pretty neat old/new bike...

Thanks a lot for asking.....

cheers,
simp

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
simplton said:
Nope, hasn't been PUSHED yet. Right now I'm just playing around with different mounting positions, different wood types etc. Once I find the best combination I'll send it off to PUSH and let the experts have their way with it.
Can you get more travel with the BlockShock ?~?

simplton said:
OK, I guess. That 2nd surgery really took the snot out of me. I'm feeling the pain quite a bit this time 'round too. But, I'm on some pretty heavy duty pain killers so that helps. I just don't like bein' a medicine head all the time. Been off of work all week and I can really tell that the lack of excersise is taking it's toll on me. On Monday I have a follow up so I'll post the X-rays of the new plate Monday night. I'm using this time do some serious clean-up work on my bike and I finished my "Kinda Retro" ride this morning. My brother in-law is stopping in tomorrow to take it on it's second maden vouyage. It's a pretty neat old/new bike...

Thanks a lot for asking.....

cheers,
simp
Good luck TiRider;) .

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Okay, so I just got back from my ride today. I hooked with a group ride and one of dudes had the freakin' KEG on his bike. His bike being a Blur LT. Apparently, he said it was the "Santa Cruz Special Ed. Rp23". I asked him about bottom out, but keep in mind that the Blur LT comes standard with the High Volume Float Rp, he said that while he did bottom it occasionally, it had never been very hard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.