Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer (http://www.otesports.com/) sent the hoss I ordered and it was delivered by a mule driving a brown truck.

I opened the package and looked at the goods. Since I'm still trying to carry on a somewhat normal life, I couldn't do anything with it until around 9:30 last night. Finally alone at last, I broke out the good stuff and began cooking it up. By Midnight I had it mostly complete.

Today at lunch, I took it over to a friend's house and he broke out his protractor and checked my recipe. A few adjustments and my newest addiction is ready to hit the trails. A silver Turner 5-Spot, all built up and ready to ride.

The kicker? The bike is out right this very moment for its first taste of singletrack. I'm sitting at work. My friend's bike is not working and he has today off. I finally managed to convince him to go ride my bike. He's out ripping singletrack right now. I'll have his ride report tomorrow.

My name is Ken and I have a mountain biking addiction.

Ken

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Ken in KC said:
The kicker? The bike is out right this very moment for its first taste of singletrack. I'm sitting at work. My friend's bike is not working and he has today off. I finally managed to convince him to go ride my bike. He's out ripping singletrack right now. I'll have his ride report tomorrow.

My name is Ken and I have a mountain biking addiction.

Ken
I have an addiction, too. I very much respect your ability to allow your friend the priveledge of the virgin ride on your new bike. It's very admirable. I would have a very difficult time doing that with my personal ride. Thumbs up!

·
Dork
222 Posts
Ken in KC said:
I sure hope it isn't that Dave character. He gives me the heebie-geebies.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are You Kidding Me?

Drewpy said:
That guy is a tool. Not a very skilled rider either. I wouldn't trust my bike with him any more than I would trust leaving my bag of heroin at a methadone clinic... er, I may have said to much...

Ken

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,101 Posts
Question...

So, if your friend is taking your bike on its Maiden Voyage...
then which couch will you use for the
Post Ride Propped Up on a Couch Muddy Bike Shot :D

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a funny look....

KgB said:
or were you talking about the bike?
The box had opened up at the bottom when I pulled it off the UPS truck. The Brown Santa gave me a funny look as week old donuts with a 50 rockwell started rolling across the warehouse floor.

They sure were tasty, though! Thanks for the lunch.

Ken

·
aka rockyonekc
105 Posts
Drewpy said:
Ken may not be very bright, but he's not outright stupid. not all the time anyway... Besides, you should see what he does to new bikes when he gets them...

Back to deep lurker mode :D

Dave in KC

·
Dork
222 Posts
Diamond Dave said:
Ken may not be very bright, but he's not outright stupid. not all the time anyway... Besides, you should see what he does to his bikes when he gets them...

Back to deep lurker mode :D

Dave in KC
Being a HT rider, I always wondered what you guys were talking about with those "7 inches in the rear" comments.

On a brighter not DD, well, uh...

Just who was the photog there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.