Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dirty South Underdog
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Andrea from the Just Riding Along podcast here. I am trying to get the word out that the podcast has moved from Mountain Bike Radio and re-launched on our own independent channel. If you search "just riding along show" on your favorite podcast player, you should be able to find us (it'll have a brown & while Just Riding Along Outdoor Media logo rather than the black & white MBR logo).

What is JRA? (for the many of you that probably haven't heard of us) We are a listener-supported podcast that I can best describe as "infotainment." It's sort of like if the guys from the old NPR show "Car Talk" were talking bikes and occasionally dropped F-bombs. Because we don't make revenue through ads, we can be 100% honest with how we feel about whatever bike thing we're discussing. We go off-topic a lot. The two re-launch episodes that are out now are just the three hosts catching up on what's happened since we took our hiatus to make the channel switch early this year, and covers everything from chickens to motorcycles. Episode 3 will be out next Monday and returns to our normal, "listener question" format.

You can follow along on our instagram: Login • Instagram
Or the website (which is really just a holding page for listeners who just want to stream it there): https://www.justridingalongshow.com/

·
livin' the dream......
1,970 Posts
Awesome! I listened to every episode for years during my commute. Covid comes along and I was WFH for a year, and for some reason just stopped listening to podcasts all together. Back to commuting for a bit now, and could not find the show on Mountain Bike Radio, so very glad to hear you all are back at it.

·
Formerly of Kent
14,154 Posts
MBR was/is kind of weird to me. It's strange that there are multiple shows produced under the same "network"; I'd listen to multiple episodes on a long drive and, if I didn't LOOK at the title of the podcast on my radio screen I'd have no clue that they were MBR. I understand that they want to have multiple shows but it's a weird format that just doesn't work for me.

·
Dirty South Underdog
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MBR was/is kind of weird to me. It's strange that there are multiple shows produced under the same "network"; I'd listen to multiple episodes on a long drive and, if I didn't LOOK at the title of the podcast on my radio screen I'd have no clue that they were MBR. I understand that they want to have multiple shows but it's a weird format that just doesn't work for me.
When we started doing the show independently, I learned very quickly that some podcast hosting services (libsyn, podbean, castos, etc) charge you per show you produce if you want separate feeds made for each one. MBR uses Libsyn, and they are one of the ones that charges per show, so if, for instance, you wanted the Path to have its own RSS feed seperate from the JRA show, you'd pay for a whole 'nother subscription (around $12 per month). We picked a different host for the new JRA, and if we ever want to produce a different podcast (like say, a hunting-specific one), we don't have to pay extra to make it its own thing.

·
Dirty South Underdog
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Andrea138

Just listened to Episode 3, another great episode!

BTW, I've also been using that Wolftooth Lube, it's freaking great!

Been pretty moist here in NY as well...
Mmmmmmmmmmoist!
I put some on a particularly dirty chain yesterday, and it sort of reminded me of Tri-flow how it kept bringing stuff up to the surface of the rollers. I was adjusting shifting and kept wiping it off, so no big deal, but I can see that potentially causing some build-up for people who just wipe & go. Still lasts way longer than triflow, though.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmoist!
I put some on a particularly dirty chain yesterday, and it sort of reminded me of Tri-flow how it kept bringing stuff up to the surface of the rollers. I was adjusting shifting and kept wiping it off, so no big deal, but I can see that potentially causing some build-up for people who just wipe & go. Still lasts way longer than triflow, though.
Yeah, it pulls an astonishing amount of stuff out of a chain.

When I swapped to the Wolftooth lube I cleaned the hell out of my drivetrain before, even though Wolftooth says that you don't have to. It still kept pulling nasty black stuff out the rollers for several rides.

I really like the simple wipe it down, reapply if needed and go with this stuff. Drivetrain runs really quiet on this stuff also, really impressed with the ability of this stuff to shed sand considering it's more of a "wet" (moist?) lube.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
3,082 Posts
Hey all, Andrea from the Just Riding Along podcast here. I am trying to get the word out that the podcast has moved from Mountain Bike Radio and re-launched on our own independent channel. If you search "just riding along show" on your favorite podcast player, you should be able to find us (it'll have a brown & while Just Riding Along Outdoor Media logo rather than the black & white MBR logo).

What is JRA? (for the many of you that probably haven't heard of us) We are a listener-supported podcast that I can best describe as "infotainment." It's sort of like if the guys from the old NPR show "Car Talk" were talking bikes and occasionally dropped F-bombs. Because we don't make revenue through ads, we can be 100% honest with how we feel about whatever bike thing we're discussing. We go off-topic a lot. The two re-launch episodes that are out now are just the three hosts catching up on what's happened since we took our hiatus to make the channel switch early this year, and covers everything from chickens to motorcycles. Episode 3 will be out next Monday and returns to our normal, "listener question" format.

You can follow along on our instagram: Login • Instagram
Or the website (which is really just a holding page for listeners who just want to stream it there): https://www.justridingalongshow.com/
First time hearing about this so I am excited to check it out.

Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.