Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Let's roll.
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's my fault.

I shouldn't have done it, but I went ahead against my better judgement.

That's right.

I rode my bike yesterday.

Not that riding my back is bad -- it's not.

It's just that I went out and rode and relished every moment of it. The clicking of the gears, the knobbies whirring on the pavement. Everything.

It wasn't singletrack (Powell Butte is right next to my house and it's still closed even though the trails are in awesome shape), but it was enough to make me yearn for the spring.

Can't wait.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,691 Posts
SmallAirAndy said:

Can't wait.
I can't wait either. So I don't... The Disciples of Dirt ride off-road every week, 52 weeks a year. Some of my fondest memories are from adverse-conditions rides... slurred speech caused by semi-frozen lips... not being able to feel my fingers & toes... crashing from sliding on ice... working my arse off on a climb because a mere 2" of crusty snow is harder to plow through than it sounds... coming home with a bike that weighs 10# more than it did when I started the ride (from caked mud)... etc... etc...

Life is short. Humans are waterproof. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

--Sparty

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Sparticus said:
Some of my fondest memories are from adverse-conditions rides... slurred speech caused by semi-frozen lips... not being able to feel my fingers & toes... crashing from sliding on ice... working my arse off on a climb because a mere 2" of crusty snow is harder to plow through than it sounds... coming home with a bike that weighs 10# more than it did when I started the ride (from caked mud)... etc... etc...
--Sparty
And that's just in the past 2 weeks!!

Here's looking forward to 50 more good ones!

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
Really, what's a little frostbite between friends? It provides a good explanation for the post-ride cuddling and awkward embraces...

After having been away from mtb'ing for way too freakin' long I can not imagine *not* riding year round! Life is too short and like a wise guy once said: humans are waterproof. I'm personally working on bulletproof.

I'm riding Sunday ifn' anyone wants to kum along...

Brock...

PS: yes, I know it's going to be sunny on Saturday and it's scheduled to be 100% chance of rain on Sunday, but I'd rather do my work on the property in the sun and ride in the rain than the opposite. Does that make me sick? Man I hope so...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sounds like someone's been off the bike for a bit? ;)
Even a few weeks off for me got me feeling like you were, did that during turkey break, never again I felt like I was starting over again.

I love riding the springwater myself, esp when powell butte is open.
Ever since powell butte closed to bikes and horses for the winter, I tend to not go west too often(live by Gresham HS) but I go east quite a bit.

You should come up my way (East) along the springwater.

When you go east past main city park in Gresham there are a few paths that run parallel to the springwater that are short single track runs (I've even placed cut down logs in the path for more flare, nothing special but better then just riding soley on concreate) and there's alot of spots where there is gravel right along side of the springwater path so you can ride on that instead of the concreate for added resistance when going uphill.

Then It then turns into all gravel and uphill all the way til boring.
On the way back its all downhill but if you run high gears you can make it a workout.

It's not by any means mountain biking but its a great day and day out riding area to keep the endurance up. I got a cyclocomputer recently and I've used that to keep track of my times. It's kinda fun to try to time myself.

I make this run about 3 times a week.

If you can catch me, try to stop me and say hi.
My Name is John on a Blue 4300 can't miss me.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
16,691 Posts
Liar

ImaKlyde said:
... it's going to be sunny on Saturday and it's scheduled to be 100% chance of rain on Sunday...
Weather dot com says 10% (one zero) chance of rain on Sunday, dude. You are messin' my do wit yo bum weather talk.

--Sparty

·
Making fat cool since '71
1,840 Posts
So,

Sparticus said:
Weather dot com says 10% (one zero) chance of rain on Sunday, dude. You are messin' my do wit yo bum weather talk.

--Sparty
...what's your point(s)?

Where are we (yes: we) riding Sunday (rain or shine, I say rain)?

Willard Scott/Brock...

P.S.: I would look good in front of a green screen...if I were covered in green paint, riding a green bike, eating a granny smith apple.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.