Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As previously predicted on this forum (by Johnny Smoke I believe) after a few months of riding my Delerium I took my VP-Free out the other night and it basically felt like crap. I have it set up as my DH bike with fox 40, pushed DHX, single ring and big tires etc. Sure it sucked up the hits a bit better because it is setup so plush and has all the added travel but the back end just feels "wrong" now. It feels flexy and unpredictable, doesn't track as well, rear wheel hangs up on square hits, it's way louder (more chainslap) and not nearly as manouverable. Last year I was completely blown away by how great it felt after the Push factory tune but it has now been upstaged by the Knolly. Granted this was on a tight local trail that does not require an 8.5/8" bike but I took it due to not having time to do some rear wheel maintenance on the DT. I will keep it around for the big super steep rides and long bike park days where the extra travel and super plush setup will help but I can see it's use being very limited form now on. The DT with the 66RC2X is just so much more fun...although now I don't really want to put the 36 back on it and will need an Endorphin for the more XC trails.

I was riding with a friend that has a Delerium and a brand new V-10 and he feels the same as me. The v10 is great for the really big stuff and DH racing but for 95% of his riding he uses the DT...and he hits everything with it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't decided on color. It likely won't be until the spring so maybe there will be a new '09 color...or I will get some custom work done. My favorite color of all time is still Santa Cruz's old apple green...

Maybe I'll end up with the trifecta yet and get a V-tach too

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Psycho Mike said:
hehehe...If Noel ever decides to do a raw DT, I have great ideas for a D-Day scheme using 3-M tape and some art near the headtube/top tube/down tube joint ;)
The amount of time Noel spent doing the raw prototype v-tachs I am pretty sure he swore he would not do that again. But maybe he would get someone else to do it.........

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There are a couple raw Delirium T's out there - but that's it!

One was my personal bike that was sold off at Interbike last year. It's now with a happy owner in Montana :) The second one belongs to a 14 year old ripper in Squamish who's dad bought it for him. And, when I say ripper, I mean that he is a phenomenal rider.

However, it's not something that we normally do. Both of these frames just "happened" and happened to work out that way (anodizing rejects).

The first V-tach prototypes were hand buffed with acid and scotch-brite, then clear powder coated: those finished were an absolute BI-ATCH!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rode with a guy last night that had a vpfree with black ano rear and white PC front triangle that looked really sweet. That would be a cool combo for an Endo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.