Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
High Alpine Adventure
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankfully not in my head!

Good FOO Meeting tonight.... maybe we can all learn to get along. I think Crux has it right, we all need to start pulling together to get all of the things we want.

Takes a lot of work though! And folks need to remember, be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

As James Kirk would say... "Engage"! ;)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Lets get along without threats.

DaGoat said:
Thankfully not in my head!

Good FOO Meeting tonight.... maybe we can all learn to get along. I think Crux has it right, we all need to start pulling together to get all of the things we want.

Takes a lot of work though! And folks need to remember, be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

As James Kirk would say... "Engage"! ;)
I'm all for getting along here. But some serious threats were made here yesterday. Threats of trail sabotage. Nails and holes dug in features. This is a very serious matter that is intended to do bodily harm and damage property. There are a lot of other people who ride these same features. I hope this serious threat is forwarded to the authorities. As it is in wrightiing. I feel it boarders criminal. There is no place for threats.Everyone should be aware that these threats were made. Keep your eyes open.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
mtbike52 said:
I'm all for getting along here. But some serious threats were made here yesterday. Threats of trail sabotage. Nails and holes dug in features. This is a very serious matter that is intended to do bodily harm and damage property. There are a lot of other people who ride these same features. I hope this serious threat is forwarded to the authorities. As it is in wrightiing. I feel it boarders criminal. There is no place for threats.Everyone should be aware that these threats were made. Keep your eyes open.
Shocking!!! I would never expect a guy at that age to be acting like that...sad case,I hope he believes in Karma.
RCC

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
DaGoat said:
Let's see if this is true and the trolling for fights end.

Also I hope that Oldmanjoe realizes that sabotaging the trails we all ride will hurt more than just the Bandos. Plenty of riders enjoy those features (even non-Bandos :eek: ), and it would be a shame if we MTBers couldn't trust each other.

·
Registered
203 Posts
When a concerned mountain biker makes a comment you don't like, apparently "stay in the foothills" is an appropriate response.

Which is the same elitist attitude I got from the FOO group when I was a member, and the reason I'm no longer a member.

I'm sorry that I think illegal trail building has consequences. I'm sorry you were offended when I asked why you don't build features in the designated area.

But remember when you take that attitude, you never know who you are irritating, and the consequences of doing such.

·
High Alpine Adventure
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK... let's not have this thread go spiralling out of control.

I think what we can all take away from this Grand Old Winter is there is a lot of frustration with a lot of things. The "Free Ride" Community wants to see more challenging terrain developed in legitimate ways but are frustrated with the effort it takes.

The "Legitimate Builders" are frustrated at the damage that is done to the Mt. Biking Community's reputation by folks who take things into their own hands.

Let's see if this season we can start to work together to develop the relationships needed to get what we all want. More legitimate trail riding oppotunities that provide the challenges suited to each of our capabilities.

There are changes a foot in the NFS. There are changes a foot in FooMTB. And let's hope there are changes a foot with the Bandalero's Crew.

Nuff said! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
oldmanjoe said:
When a concerned mountain biker makes a comment you don't like, apparently "stay in the foothills" is an appropriate response.

Which is the same elitist attitude I got from the FOO group when I was a member, and the reason I'm no longer a member.

I'm sorry that I think illegal trail building has consequences. I'm sorry you were offended when I asked why you don't build features in the designated area.

But remember when you take that attitude, you never know who you are irritating, and the consequences of doing such.
If you are letting something you read on the internet cause you so much grief you shouldn't even bother with the foothills.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
Thanks Doug. We live in interesting times. I know everyone should have an an agenda, you've got yours, I've got mine. I think in the end they are the same. More access, more trails and donuts for everyone.

I just wanted to post here before this one get's deleted.

·
Bandolero
1,566 Posts
oldmanjoe said:
So bucause someone irritated you on the internets you are going to go out of you way to harm people? where are we in High school?

A piece of advise,don't let the internets rule your life man get a life,go ride your bike or something.

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
mtbike52 said:
I have heard of non mountain bikers sabotaging trails, but never bikers. It really does not matter if you only ride a SS XC bike or long travel DH rig on ANY given trail. Threats of looking to cause bodily harm to another is just out right wrong. Does not matter if the trail is well established or a more recent trail we all enjoy riding and have a common interest in getting out and enjoying our trails. If a section of trail ends up handing it to you accept it and get on with life, and yes it made me even uglier.

We have some very talented riders here (regardless of bike they are on) who could make a positive contribution building a trail. Heck I enjoy building some features well above my comfort level. I would rather be supportive sustaining and maintaining trails working together that loose one mile of trail due to closures. While I have not lived in NM all that long with the amount of moisture this winter has brought thus far we will most likely see some temporary trail closures this summer. I do not want to give them any reason to make the temporary closures permanent.

Attachments

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
notaknob said:
Thanks Doug. We live in interesting times. I know everyone should have an an agenda, you've got yours, I've got mine. I think in the end they are the same. More access, more trails and donuts for everyone.

I just wanted to post here before this one get's deleted.
:thumbsup: Can we add one? More beer? ;)

·
Banned
123 Posts
Would be very very very helpful if someone who posts on here regularly (and is a member of F.O.O.) would perhaps post the meeting dates/time/location/topics a few days before the fact, unless it's all some sort of super secret clique thing that only 'those in the know' are a part of.

·
Banned
123 Posts
oldmanjoe said:

From what I gather, by implying a threat to another mtbr member, you are subject to censure/out right banning.

From mtbr's forum guidelines your posts/PMs violate at least 3 of the rules and a strong case can be made for a 4th:

1. The message insults or degrades another member of the community.
2. The message contains profanity, offensive language, or racial epithets.
5. The message promotes illegal activity (at our discretion).
7. The message is posted as "flame-bait" and is posted to incite flames and insults

The fact that you are still allowed to post here speaks volumes about how poorly moderated the NM area is. Perhaps the mod who keeps locking/deleting posts & threads will have an off-line discussion with you about it, or perhaps you are just fortunate so far not to bring attention to yourself.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts