Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! It's been a busy week in the Pisgah household. Registration for the Pisgah MTB Adventure opened AND my new frame arrived. Thanks to Walt for coming through in exactly the time he said my wait would be. This is the third frame I've ordered from Walt (silver geared, THE tiny pink WW, and now this) and it's easy to see his welding skills just keep getting better and better.
Anyway, on to the photos!

Headbadge shot:

Drive Side:

Internal Routing at head-tube:

and at the seat-tube:

Non-Drive side, just for kicks:

The first ride will be Trace Ridge, tomorrow afternoon!

~E

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What is that?

Nice creation from Walt...I really like his work. That fork is cool.

What is that patchy looking stuff on the top tube near the seat tube? Also what gear are you running there...looks like it is nearly 1:1.

Great looking bike...I love green.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
It's 34:25 Thank you very much ;)
The patches are frame protectors for my 'Fo-Shizzie' bike rack...
Cool. I have seen you post that rack before....I forgot. That is some really nice work too.

That internal routing is nice too. I see Walt is still adding new options.

·
MONKEYMAN
791 Posts
really like the internal cable routing. REALLY LIKE ! So I guess no issues with reduction in tube integrity?
Man that fork is really hot too.

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mud'n'sweat said:
holy crap that gearing is whacked!
heh, yeah, winter+rides w/ 5000'+ of climbing= crazy SS gearing. You'd be amazed if you saw me spinning down the road chasing Mike Brown last weekend. He was in the big ring, I was in an aero tuck and spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn spiiiiiinn spiiinning.
~E

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup, a little protective tape around the hose. The internal routing is a touch sharp at the edge so my mechanic suggested a little 3M tape...

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
finger51 said:
really like the internal cable routing. REALLY LIKE ! So I guess no issues with reduction in tube integrity?
Man that fork is really hot too.
Thanks,
I doubt there is any reduction in integrity, From my past experiences with Walt I can only guess he would have vetoed he internal routing if he thought integrity would be compromised. He used a heavier duty top-tube on this bike than on the other two, but that was because I dinged up the silver one so bad. I don't know if he would have said no to a super lightweight tube/internal combo though.... Oh, also, there is a brass tube brazed in place in there that the hose runs through so no contamination is getting in through there.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Very well thought out!! Lovin' the Walt with the makeover, cable routing is awesome!! What bar is that btw??

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
heh, yeah, winter+rides w/ 5000'+ of climbing= crazy SS gearing. You'd be amazed if you saw me spinning down the road chasing Mike Brown last weekend. He was in the big ring, I was in an aero tuck and spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinn spiiiiiinn spiiinning.
~E
Sweet, E. I will admit to thinking to myself "I can't believe he ain't dropped off yet."
I know you're on call this weekend, but do you want to go for an easy "with dogs" ride on Sat. at Warren Wilson? Never more than 15 minutes from car, about 5 fun legal miles....
Mike

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Woo-Hooooooo! :eekster:

I think I am green with envy over here. Awesome stuff, E. Right on to that. Can't have enough WW in the stable, I say. ;)

Looking forward to your ride pics on your blog. They are alway cool. Make sure to hand the camera over to others so we can see you and the new GreenGiant in action. Oops, I guess I just named your new ride.

Miss you guys
OGG

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.