Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, okay, it may not be the greatest but I'm VERY happy with it. I just wanted to thank all the forum members for all the help in getting this build complete. Several threads here assisted me along the way. THANKS GUYS!

Here's a little info for those who care:

The fork is an 04' F80RLT that I stripped down to bare metal and painted before I rebuilt it with new seals. I polished the crown and de-anodized the knobs. Love this fork btw. I was running rigid but feel so much more comfortable tackling technical terrain, jumps and drop offs with it.

Wheelset was built with White Industries Hubs laced 3x with DT Comp to Stans Flow Rims. Currently running tubeless and loving it.

Bars are Groovy Cycles "Luv Bars". Hands down the best bar I've ever had.

Full WI drivetrain with "Trials" freewheel which has awesome engagement and the color matches the frame to boot. I tried the double double setup but finally had to admit to myself that this is a dedicated dirt machine. With 2.35 tires in the front and 2.1 in the rear it's just too slow for me to justify riding on the streets. Especially when I have a TCR Advanced in the stable. I'll likely sell the chainring and freewheel on the forum here.

At this point I only have 3 changes that I would make. 1) Mango King HS and Spacers 2) Thomson X4 3) Crank Bros. Acid Pedals. There really is no need but they'll eventually happen.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
thesergeant said:
That's pretty awesome. Definitely one the of the best looking and best functioning tensioners out there. Good work!
You might want to snug that nut up to the body so that it will stay where you want it. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thats a real sweet lookin ride you have there! Now go ride the crap out of that thing for six months and then take another photo for us...that way mine won't seem so old and worn out compared to your blinglespeed!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pmac83 said:
Very nice ride!

However, the greatest 1x1 includes a tugnut and stock rigid fork.
Well, i had a tugnut but it just looked to cumbersome on the frame. I switch between the rigid and the stock fork regularly. In fact, I much prefer the look of the rigid over the suspension.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I know this is a question with many different answers, but what kind of weights are we looking at for you 1x1 builds?

I miss my converted SS bike, but want to save at least a little weight over my 31lb current ride...

Rob

·
Registered
154 Posts
rob1035 said:
I know this is a question with many different answers, but what kind of weights are we looking at for you 1x1 builds?

I miss my converted SS bike, but want to save at least a little weight over my 31lb current ride...

Rob
I have mine at 23lbs with nothing at the high end. Mostly solid 'cheaper' parts.

Truvativ Stylo w/34t
Surly hubs on delgado race
Stylo team cockpit/carbon post
Juicy 5s
WTB Weirwolf LTs
WTB laser V
ACS 18t freewheel
Rigid fork

The weight is very balance front to back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
stephen11364 said:
Great looking bike!
I said the same thing to Obi, when he built mine, and all he said is " Thanks, I try, :D "I like to play."

Originally Posted by rob1035

Rob
Pmac83 said:
I have mine at 23lbs with nothing at the high end. Mostly solid 'cheaper' parts.
As to the weight question, mine's usually anywhere from 25 1/2 to 28lbs with the fork on it.

Right now it sits around 27 with the Specialized Captains. All that from a spare bike frame Obi had, and some parts I had, not too bad.

Ran as rigid, IIRC around 22-25lbs is about there, as that's what my rigid weighed out at.
*Photo's stolen from Obi's page*

*Thesergeant, your fork looks way better white than polished, IMHO, that was too much bling.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.