Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as the snow started to fly last winter, the plan was hatched for a road trip. I knew I would need to head back to the west for a fix. The logical time and place would be spring in the southwest. So I SPAMed a bunch of friends to tell them what they would be doing with their vacation time.

A few were foolish enough to join me. So one friday afterwork, I hoped on a plane to Albuquerque. The plan was to ride every day in NM, CO, and UT. The next morning AndyN and I hit the road to Fruita. we meet up with some friends. After getting out of the car we hit Moore Fun as an out and back...hello legs. Due to the weather forcast and seeing some old friends for the first time in almost a year, we had a few beers.

the next day we meet up with somemore friends and set out for a big ride. Climb the Ribbon, then connect over to Holy Cross for a little desert. After more beer, we hit Lion's and Troy Built then drove to Moab and rushed out for a sunset ride at Bartlett Wash.

The fastest assult on Porcupine Rim, I've been involved with, was the ride for day 4.

Some nice guys from CO and CA showed up with a A$$. Thankfully they brought booze, so we could tollerate the blow hard.

We meet Hfly for breakfast.

the next day we hit the road back to NM. Stopping in Cortez, for a sweet roller coaster ride. To cap off the trip AndyN and I were joined by Mtntrekker for some old local haunts.

In all, 9 rides in 8 days. Not too bad for a sea level winter bound fool.

To summerize our trip, here are a buch of pictures. More will follow once I get around to processing the rest of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndyN said:
I can't believe you weren't going to process those. They are easily the best pix I have ever seen on mtbr.

Absolutely incredible Brian!
thanks dude. I was only partially kidding. however, I still am a little dissapointed in them. but I was surprized by quite a few of them as I worked them up. (i'm making large versions to go on a CD that I'll send sometime.)

I better get to work on the rest.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Wonderfuls pic there. Some great climbing shots.
Did NewMexJoe clear that climb in pic 16?

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
Truly fantastic photos Brian! The first photo is gorgeous, as are most of the rest of the Bartlett Wash photos.

Did Joe clear that step coming out of the arroyo near the end of Porcupine? Man, you guys are riding strong!

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wg said:
Wonderfuls pic there. Some great climbing shots.
Did NewMexJoe clear that climb in pic 16?
He came damn close. for the amount of effort he and Clay put into that spot, I would give them credit for making it. But Joe to humble of a guy to let me get away with that.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Rich. And that's a great idea. We should quite our day jobs, move to a MTB mecca and open a gallery/photo safari shop.

When does the full and proper showing of your work begin?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Tom. see my reply to wg about Joe's climbing of that sopt.

If things go as planed, I'll be able to make it out for a coulpe of days of you CO gathering. Work is hopefully sending me to Denver the week before, so I should be able to get there for Friday and Saturday, if that goes as planned. Fingers Crossed.

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
Most of those pictures are simply outstanding! I would have those all over my walls if they were mine:)

Shawn

·
Basura Blanca
1,797 Posts
Awesome Brian - Thanks!

Hey, I'm glad you planned the trip so I had an excuse to take the week off and go ride. Beautiful pics, and I love how you stayed true to yourself and left the typo in your watermark on pic#5. As I told Andy, thanks for taking the time to snap all the pics, and for taking the time to share them here. So where's my hero shot? You know, the one with me screaming in terror as I roll/slide down the toilet bowl at Bartlett?
- Joe

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still have to work up the other half of my photos. I'll post them with the next batch in a week or so.

I'm glad you all could burn up your vacation time with me too. However, I'm in the red for the year, now, but it was definatly worth it.

I need to get a little more sophisicated (sp?) with my water mark. for now I just typed it every time, which is a pain in the butt.

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
brianc said:
If things go as planed, I'll be able to make it out for a coulpe of days of you CO gathering. Work is hopefully sending me to Denver the week before, so I should be able to get there for Friday and Saturday, if that goes as planned. Fingers Crossed.
That'd be great! I'd love to be the subject of a photo or two of yours.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.