Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starts today.
New Mexico's Jeff Kirbey is still waiting for his bike.Some how lost it on the way up to Canada via bus.
You all can listen to the updates on MTB cast.com.Maybe someone else can link it My computer skills are that of a neophyte

·
Registered
99 Posts
Isn't there supposed to be some mystery rider showing up too? Something about a bum riding a single speed 29 with Mary Bars? I think I heard that right.....

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Sac said:
Isn't there supposed to be some mystery rider showing up too? Something about a bum riding a single speed 29 with Mary Bars? I think I heard that right.....
Trying to get a bunch of bums together and slow the pace down the day the leaders/leader rides from Platoro,CO. to NM

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well I would be all game but as we know I'm moving out to some far off fariyland . You should come down this weekend and ride with us, I just did a sweet epic, started rolling at 5:00am didn't finish untill 12:30am, 7,000 some feet of climbing, all on pretty rad single track. Rocking it single speed.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was planning a beer stop for every thousand feet of climbing on the first climb. Then three more hidden beer stops.

S

·
Registered
47 Posts
makachut said:
Starts today.
New Mexico's Jeff Kirbey is still waiting for his bike.Some how lost it on the way up to Canada via bus.
You all can listen to the updates on MTB cast.com.Maybe someone else can link it My computer skills are that of a neophyte
Kerby's bus was oversold, so they moved a bunch of luggage/boxes out of his bus in Denver- then they lied to him and said his bike/equip. would be in MT before him- fargin bastages.
So, his stuff got there late, but he was able to start the same day about 3hrs after the race had started. He caught most of the field on Sunday though...on a single speed!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Single-Speed Represent!!! Thats awsome I didn't know he was rocking out single-speed, what a man!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Guys,
Can anyone tell me what route the racers follow to get from Cuba to Grants? I was thinking of heading out tomorrow (from Alb) to cheer on the guys, but I don't want to miss the whole thing by waiting on the wrong road- the maps on the GDR site aren't very helpful.
Anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts