Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Got the frame about a month ago, just finished today when the rear axle arrived at my lbs :D. Let me know what you think of the pictures below.
I'm really pleased with the frame and had no problems installing any components (unusual for me...) so im pretty happy right now. But there are three things I need to change:
1.Get flat crowns for the 888 - a definate, this has the slackest head angle I've ever ridden and I really don't like it. The flat crowns lower the front by around 1" so hopefully the geometry will be the way it should. right now the bike is laid back way too far for my liking.
2.Sram derraileur - either X9 or X10 but will decide later. I heard that a sram der. does not hit off the chainstay because of a different design or something? Thats why the shimano needs changed.
3.Mavix EX729 rims (possibly a hope front hub too). I'll run these singletracks until they give up, mainly because I'm broke and there is still some life in them.
Apart from that, all seems fine. I'll wait till the crowns come then hit the trails, see how fast it goes:D.
Enjoy :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fox787 said:
are you going to put something front of the shock so it doesnt get hit?
I think there is a protector available, but it would be more for keeping mud out than protecting from hits. I don't think its exposed too much, its still really high off the ground and hitting it would be no worse than hitting a bashguard on a rock. You'd have to land a drop with a log between your wheels before it hit anything, which is very unlikely :D

·
GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
934 Posts
That's one of the most killer frame out there, keep us posted how it works,weight, and if you can how it handles drops?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Cool ride, enjoy it........

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XSL_WiLL said:
Very nice.

The Kona forum will not be pleased.
Lol :D - kona owners needn't worry - I've kept the coiler, and it will soon be an AM bike to keep me fit. I ordered up some bearings/bushings to make it nice and fresh.
I had an idea - the only cosmetic bit I didn't like was the red decals on the 888. I've taken them off and ordered a set of the 05 chrome decals instead. Even with the red ones off it looks better:).
Unfortunately I'll be waiting a week until I get the flat crowns to get rid of the slack ht angle. I'm not 100% comfy with the geo yet so I'm just taking it easy till the crowns come, but i suppose this is normal when moving from a 19" to a 16.5".

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
azonicrider188a said:
how are u soposed to reach the adjustments on the shock
yeh the adjusters are accessible, but as for the valve to adjust the boost chamber, its hard to get a pump screwed on. I'm not sure whether the rebound knob is accessable with the plate on, or if the plate has a hole in it, but I'm not getting one anyway.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.