Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Why the mix & match of '07 & '08 frame pieces? I was under the assumption that the '08 rear triangle was beefier? Correct me if I'm wrong. Bike looks clean, though.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr Phil mmkay said:
Why the mix & match of '07 & '08 frame pieces? I was under the assumption that the '08 rear triangle was beefier? Correct me if I'm wrong. Bike looks clean, though.
The front triangle is a warranty deal. I suppose I could pay for the new stays but it's not a priority.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do I need new hardware?

singletrack said:
'08 triangle, '07 stays.
Quick question for you singletrack. Did you reuse the '07 hardware to mount the shock to the frame? The new style shock mount has tapered holes and it's looking like I'm in need of some flathead hardware to mount the shock correctly.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
romar said:
Quick question for you singletrack. Did you reuse the '07 hardware to mount the shock to the frame? The new style shock mount has tapered holes and it's looking like I'm in need of some flathead hardware to mount the shock correctly.
The bolt is different, but it came with the frame. I think Transition would probably just send you one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.