Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...in case you had any doubt:

On a separate 5-3 vote, commissioners also knocked down a proposal to allow state game lands users to ride electric bicycles as they can ride traditional bicycles now.

The commissioners gave preliminary approval to the measure in January but tabled it at their April meeting.

Prior to a vote on the measure, Commissioner Michael Mitrick questioned the need for e-bikes, noting that “we must avoid the public coming to view game lands as a place to ride anything.”

·
Shartacular Spectacular
441 Posts
...in case you had any doubt:

On a separate 5-3 vote, commissioners also knocked down a proposal to allow state game lands users to ride electric bicycles as they can ride traditional bicycles now
Wait, did I miss something or misread? Are we allowed to ride traditional bikes on state game lands now?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait, did I miss something or misread? Are we allowed to ride traditional bikes on state game lands now?
Well, sort of. About halfway down this page you'll see the link.

In Carbon county you have SGL 40 (6200 acres) and SGL 141(17k acres). You can legally ride on a 3 mile dirt road in SGL 40.

I'm sure the numbers are similar around the state. My original post was to point out the bold part of the quote.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz HT2 (CC, XT), Stigmata (CC, GRX800)
591 Posts
I've been under the impression we were always permitted to ride traditional bikes on State Game Lands.

Aren't many/most "public" trail networks in PA actually built on State Game Lands?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Hermit
990 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts