Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ride, eat, live
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on today's lunch ride I was grinding up the last part of a steep riser....i stalled but kept my balance and tried to power through the last part of crank stroke to try to crest the hill.....then I heard a great disturbance in the Frame, as if millions of aluminum molecule voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something snapped.

enough of the drama. broke the rear seat stay of my '05 5 Spot today. she gave me many great years of fantastic service. that baby took years of getting pounded up and down the front range of Colorado...dakota ridge, deer creek, apex, devil's back bone, walker ranch, white ranch, three sisters,...the list goes on and on.

Daddy's due for a new turner, ain't he?

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
What size frame? I may be interested in the front triangle! :)

_MK

P.S. Condolences on the unfortunate!

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
It's a large. i called turner, waiting to hear back what my options are.
Well, you're better off buying the frame that's on sale at Jenson than getting the discount off MSRP from Turner. I have a mangled Burner and I hoped to trade that in on the discounted frame and was told no double dipping. :)

_MK

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
on today's lunch ride I was grinding up the last part of a steep riser....i stalled but kept my balance and tried to power through the last part of crank stroke to try to crest the hill.....then I heard a great disturbance in the Frame, as if millions of aluminum molecule voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something snapped.

enough of the drama. broke the rear seat stay of my '05 5 Spot today. she gave me many great years of fantastic service. that baby took years of getting pounded up and down the front range of Colorado...dakota ridge, deer creek, apex, devil's back bone, walker ranch, white ranch, three sisters,...the list goes on and on.

Daddy's due for a new turner, ain't he?
I'm pretty sure I have HL rear tri in my shed somewhere. It's yours for free if you'll pay for shipping.The chain stay is cracked, but the seat stay is fine. You'd just have to bolt my seat stay to your chain stay and you're back on the trail.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.