Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Camping, Touring, Riding, Raving....

Lush and plush.

Renee-ving with her glow-sticks at the campsite.

We all were....cant'cha tell?..but really, we had lots of glow sticks...even wrapped a Nerf football with some...wish I had picks of the glowing spirals. Good clean fun. At least before the mosquitos arrived.

Columbines polluted the trails..I wanted to pick some just to be bad...there were so many.

Along with other lifeforms

Yummy, dinner for the camp. Seriously, it looked like the bacon that was being fried the next morning--I hate bacon.

...except for turkey bacon...mmmm breakfast.

The art of pine beetle--get used to it Colorado, it's the new brown. Instead of evergreens, we have everbrowns now.

But plenty of good stuff beyond the pines.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bull_D said:
ok.......you gotta name some of the trails!!
I call the first one George.

and the rest Thelma.

Otherwise they are the most popular trails around....aka Spring Creek, Mad Creek...anything with creek in it.

We were raving and partying more than really riding, I tell ya. The fireworks were cool too....and hearing the neighbors generator running all day till midnight...wow, what a treat....I guess peak oil isn't really a threat. We had to tell them that sleeping was better than their kids playing playstation all night at a campground. It was a natural disaster in modern times.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Awesome. I've never seen a purple spider, I guess until now.

I've been to Steamboat three times and would like to consider getting a place there someday, after the renovations are all done to make sure it doesn't get too built up, but I've never been there during the summer. It looks great.

Did a bear get that deer? What other predators do they have in Colorado that could take down a deer? (Mountain lion?)

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
brado1 said:
Mmmmmmm Bacon's good - great pix rich - what lens r you using for the fisheye? i'm looking for new glass to purchase
That is an 8 mm fish. I borrowed it and thank goodness because, if you can find one used, they are horribly expensive and more of a novelty. I wouldn't likely buy one.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
lidarman said:
....and hearing the neighbors generator running all day till midnight...wow, what a treat....I guess peak oil isn't really a threat. We had to tell them that sleeping was better than their kids playing playstation all night at a campground.
Well, duh.....why would the kids want to be outside when they can be playing PS3 and watching movies all day? That's good parenting, I tell ya!

Awesome shots, btw!

EB

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Very nice trip Rich! great to "see" you out and about riding bikes and thankfully sharing pictures with us.

we should meet up in NM this summer/fall for some riding.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Nice shots Rich. Good to see you posting up some Passion shots.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.