Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Give'r or go home!!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't for the life of me figure out how my DH fender (purchased 2001) is going to fit on my 2004 Z150 SL.. "Amber" from THE returned my email and was like "Dude, you're a tool, they are a universal fit!". I can't get mine to fit though. The bracket would attach to the fork, but I see no way of attaching the plastic "fender" parts. Am I a tool as per Amber, or is there a new bracket, or what's the story? I like to use my fender now and again when it gets muddy. Thanks for the help.

·
'18 Transition Sentinel
1,015 Posts
giverpig said:
I can't for the life of me figure out how my DH fender (purchased 2001) is going to fit on my 2004 Z150 SL.. "Amber" from THE returned my email and was like "Dude, you're a tool, they are a universal fit!". I can't get mine to fit though. The bracket would attach to the fork, but I see no way of attaching the plastic "fender" parts. Am I a tool as per Amber, or is there a new bracket, or what's the story? I like to use my fender now and again when it gets muddy. Thanks for the help.
I wondered about the same not too long ago...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=138705

... and the short answer is that Marzocchi had 1 fender until ~'05. With '06~, they'll have 3 fenders, depending on the fork & its mounting. (I called Marzocchi.)

I'm not sure about your '04 Z150-SL, but does it have 2 small bolt-holes underneath the crown (one between steertube & right leg & another between steertube & left leg)? The currently-sold fender (for ~'05) has 2 holes & comes with 2 screws. Unfortunately their PDF online manuals misleadingly show only one mounting screw pictured, which totally confused me as if it had a single screw for the steertube hole like with T.H.E. & other usual front fenders.

Anyway, for your specific model, call Marzocchi, just in case.

Good luck,
- PiroChu

·
Give'r or go home!!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but...........

I'm actually looking for info about the fit of the THE (Toby Henderson and now?) fender. I've already got one that I was hoping to use.

·
'18 Transition Sentinel
1,015 Posts
giverpig said:
I'm actually looking for info about the fit of the THE (Toby Henderson and now?) fender. I've already got one that I was hoping to use.
Sorry I read your message too quickly...

On that note, I also noticed that the steertube opening underside my Marzocchi crown is narrower than other forks I've had (Fox TALAS, Marzocchi Atom80, etc). I also have a T.H.E.-knockoff generic-brand fender, but it came with 2 sets of "plugs"; one regular thickness/diameter and the other that's smaller. On TALAS, I'd use the regular/bigger 'plug' piece to fill up / expand it, but on my AM1 I'd have to use the smaller piece to fit inside its smaller-diameter steertube hole.

I'm not sure if that's what you were asking...

Sorry again for my previous confusion,
- PiroChu

·
Give'r or go home!!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually..........

Actually, I can't get the fender to fit due to the shape of the crown. I'll try to take a picture to explain myself a little better. I'll have to figure out how to post one. Give me a bit. :p

·
Registered
557 Posts
giverpig said:
I know of one guy who made one fit... It took him a few hours and a lot a tweaking. Honestly, your best bet is to just pick up one of our fenders. (PN 850760) It will bolt on directly to your crown and it has all the hardware you need to mount it.

Brian

·
Give'r or go home!!
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Brian.....

I knew that gal at THE was crazy when she told me that it was a universal fit. I just couldn't see how that is possible. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.