Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2267 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
[HR][/HR]
Ribbon air is my favorite trail fork, what do you weigh and what are you running for air pressures? You can run 10% more in negative chamber to give it that supple feel and mine is amazing. I run 78 psi in main chamber and 86 in negative. I also had MRP service it and they put in new bushing and honed them to stanchion and updated to the new brown something seals. Best trail fork I've ever ridden and that list is long.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I weight about ~205 lbs. I have a Lyrik on another bike(HD3), and a new zeb on my 27.5 megatrail. Both are softer off the top, but longer travel.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I am pretty similar weight as you. Try my pressure recommendations with about 3-5 clicks on the ramp control, depending on your trails.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a new large Offering frame on the way. I have a '20 Fox 36 Factory 150mm fork that I want to use, but it's a 44mm offset. I know Evil recommends a 51mm offset fork. Should I just run it and see how it feels, get a 51mm CSU, or maybe try an angleset? Is there even an angleset that works for the frame, and would that help with the 7mm offset difference? Thanks.
Here's the response I got directly from Evil:

"You certainly can use a 44mm offset fork on the Offering. I would recommend trying it out before changing anything to the fork or bike. Some people really enjoy the shorter offset, some don't like it, and most can't even feel a difference.

If you feel like the offset is too short and you're feeling twitchy at higher speeds, I would recommend throwing an angle set in there to help the front end get a little farther out. Works Components currently offers an angle-set that fits the Offering. They are available in 1 and 1.5 degree configurations. You'll want the ZS44-ZS62 model. You can find them here at http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/"

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just picked up an Offering recently. Trying to run 27.5 x 2.6 on this sucker to make it an updated Calling.

I have a Pike set to 155mm (566mm A-C) and running Minion DHF 27.5 x 2.6. My BB height comes out to ~327mm. Axle height is ~355mm.

When I put 29er tires on with 2.3 DHF's, my BB height is ~340mm. Axle height is ~360mm.

The diameter difference between 29 x 2.3 and 27.5 x 2.6 is ~28mm so the 14mm difference is correct.

This is way off from EVIL's charts. Chatted with someone on the website and he said they use Minion 29 x 2.3 DHF as the benchmark. So let's assume 29 x 2.3 is 738 diameter, which gives 369mm axle height.
551 A-C indicates a 343mm BB height/26mm BB drop
561 A-C indicates a 346mm BB height/23mm BB drop

My measurement: 566 A-C with ~341mm BB height/29mm BB drop. This is 6-7mm lower than published. If we use EVIL's geo chart this should actually be 348mm height/21mm drop (which would be perfect for running 27.5's.)

Having a 335mm BB vs a 327mm BB makes such a difference in handling. I have to say I'm disappointed in the inaccuracy.

Side note: My wheelbase with a 155mm fork is also ~1263mm. Calculated wheelbase is ~1258mm. WHAT??? I owned a Smuggler before this and Transition's measurements were dead accurate. Even when they switch fork travel in the geo chart the reach measurements don't change; this is the same for Low/X-Low as well. I'm sure all of you have noticed. I also don't think that is accurate.

Can some folks help me validate this by posting their:

- Fork travel and brand (to get the correct A-C)
- Tire brand/size and axle height
- Measured bottom bracket height

Also, any ideas how to get +7mm BB height outside of lengthening the fork travel? Offset bushing in the lower mount oriented upwards?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dropper length on a large frame?

6'1" and deciding on dropper length for large frame. What model and length are folks riding on their large frames?

·
Registered
178 Posts
My frame came with the Super Deluxe shock. I know the Push coil shock is an option, but how does the DPX2 compare to the Super D in terms of riding? I'm 175 lbs. and ride everything from steep tech to xc trails in the northeast. Prefer pedaling up to shuttling.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Any rumors on an updated Offering in the works? Reason I ask is I'm looking for a new 157 Superboost frame and wondering if they will use that hub spacing next time on the Offering?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Any rumors on an updated Offering in the works? Reason I ask is I'm looking for a new 157 Superboost frame and wondering if they will use that hub spacing next time on the Offering?
this gets asked quite a lot and the general consensus seems to be Offering is back of the queue for an update as it already has the 'modern' (steeper seat angle) geo.

personally I don't know but will be ready to buy in a few months and have the same dilemma.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The Geo is up to par for current trends but the frame style is becoming a bit dated looking. Was looking at possibly getting an Offering after selling my V1 Following but the frame style made me go another direction. The new Following and Wreckoning are awesome looking. I know that if I slapped money down on an Offering within a month or so a new one would come out. Decided to go with a Rascal.

·
Registered
565 Posts
The Geo is up to par for current trends but the frame style is becoming a bit dated looking. Was looking at possibly getting an Offering after selling my V1 Following but the frame style made me go another direction. The new Following and Wreckoning are awesome looking. I know that if I slapped money down on an Offering within a month or so a new one would come out. Decided to go with a Rascal.
you're right, but ultimately it's internal cable routing and some aesthetics. who cares ...

·
Registered
601 Posts
this gets asked quite a lot and the general consensus seems to be Offering is back of the queue for an update as it already has the 'modern' (steeper seat angle) geo.

personally I don't know but will be ready to buy in a few months and have the same dilemma.
Okay thanks for info. I have my name down for a 2021 Devinci Troy frame but have a feeling it will be VERY backordered.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Spam alert!

Large Offering frame with DPX2 for sale.

$2300 shipped to your location in the lower 48.

Includes Works Components -1° angleset

Invisiframed

Very good to excellent condition. Just dirt collected by the corners of the Invisiframe.

·
MTB SOCAL
1,449 Posts
Offering v2?

I briefly saw a link showing the new Offering v2.

From what I saw, it was 140mm travel, 77 degree SA and offered in either black-out drunk or smashed wasabi (a dark green).

But, link appears to have been removed :(

2221 - 2240 of 2267 Posts