Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knobby heretic alert! :eek:

The "other season" is soon upon us. Time to disassemble, lube up, and rebuild the bike for when the warmer weather comes back... :thumbsup:

(Yeah, just stirring the pot a little for the poor slobs that only have their bikey to keep them company.) :cryin:

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Heck the DOGS are ready to get off dirt. It's harder on their feet, the cart is harder to pull uphill than me on skis, snow on their paws keeps them cooler, and... well... dogs just seem to enjoy snow, lol.

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good point!

I'll also have to test run the generator. Because heck, I know I'll probably be needing it...

Got out into CV again tonight last minute to do some stuff before the ground freezes...

Bring on the dumpage. (Though I feel sorry for EBx for probably having to clean up Mullet in the snow.) :eek:

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
no ski season for DH. He broke his pelvis and collar bone back in August on a ride with me, my first ride after I tore up my shoulder in July. The pelvis healed fine but the collar bone did not knit. So, they went in and put a bunch of hardware in about 3-4 weeks ago. Nothing heavier than a coffee cup until January!! My labral tear is healing, but very very slowly.

If he can do his whitewater this spring, and I can be back on the bike, we'll get through it. I think Santa is bringing us snow shoes. It's the only snow sport we can think of that has a fairly low fall risk to it.

The good news I"m getting lots of miles in on the trainer thanks to a program I got from LyndaW.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow Formica, that's practically the driveway equivalent of shuttling. Does it have a cup holder? ;)

FM and Extracheesy, if the snow is dry enough, I'll post a pic of me blowing off my yard trails just for you... Backyard whiteout. Sounds sick. :thumbsup:

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Borneo said:
Wow Formica, that's practically the driveway equivalent of shuttling. Does it have a cup holder? ;)
That's what I get when I send the man out to buy something. I am looking forward to lots of entertainment watching the guys dick around with it. As long as they don't stick their hands in it.....:p

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
formica said:
That's what I get when I send the man out to buy something. I am looking forward to lots of entertainment watching the guys dick around with it. As long as they don't stick their hands in it.....:p
At least he didn't go out and buy it for you. I've seen that "Doghouse" clip that's been going around.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
formica said:
...whoosh.... sorry, I don't get it.

But boy was the delivery guy ( I get at least one truck daily) happy when I said snowblower!!
There's a viral video going around about a guy who gives his wife a vacuum cleaner for Christmas...

It ends up pretty much as you probably think.

Looks like you'll be needing that snowblower real soon...

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
The white wave cometh!

This morning when I got to work and pulled up the DOT cams, the pass was just wet. Within a half hour it was turning white, and I've been watching the snow spread eastward since. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.