Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
enlightenment

rob68 said:
The worst thing about Lycra: a guy wearing it! / The best thing about lycra: a girl wearing it!
I have read some stupid posts before, but this one takes the cake. How long did you sit and ponder before coming up with such insight?

·
I already rode that
1,632 Posts
Baggies for casual or cool days but hot to very hot days I prefer lycra anyday. I can understand if your shy in public or something or just a lil chunky :rolleyes:

Dont knock it if you havent tried it!

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
frank n. beans said:
I have read some stupid posts before, but this one takes the cake. How long did you sit and ponder before coming up with such insight?
Probably about as long as he "sat" and pondered his other thread "Have you ever had to take a dump on the trail?" which is another unusual post. rob68 must have had a boring weekend...

BB

·
Registered
545 Posts
rob68 said:
-For the love of God-it was a joke. Jeez, some of you people take everything so seriously!
-I guess I must of touched a nerve, sorry
No recanting now! You were so right! I don't notice how the guys package their goodies, but ladies look lovely in lycra :)

·
a dad
2,927 Posts
BruceBrown said:
Probably about as long as he "sat" and pondered his other thread "Have you ever had to take a dump on the trail?" which is another unusual post. rob68 must have had a boring weekend...

BB
he must be in colorado where we haven't seen the sun or gotten out of the 30's in a week (i realize that for most of you thats not suprising, but for us Colorado folk it might just be the longest stretch of crappy weather i have seen in my 16 years here)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have passed two laws penalized by death....

Law 1- No shaving on Sunday.
Law 2- No lycra in public.

That said, I always wear my lycra under a pair of shorts.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Managuense said:
Law 2- No lycra in public.
That said, I always wear my lycra under a pair of shorts.
You've clearly broken law #2 then. Please step outside, and the gobment death ray with turn you to dust from above.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
ibmkidIII said:
You've clearly broken law #2 then. Please step outside, and the gobment death ray with turn you to dust from above.
Yep. LOL at that - "death ray" indeed.

·
stop...safety first
258 Posts
rob68 said:
-For the love of God-it was a joke. Jeez, some of you people take everything so seriously!
-I guess I must of touched a nerve, sorry
This IS a very sensitive subject indeed. Last week I heckled on this theme( in ss forum) and recieved a major spanking. People who wear lycra are very INTO wearing lycra. Possibly they feel betrayed , thinking MTBR would be a place they finally did not have defend wearing lycra. We of all people should "get it"
Think again.
touched nerve......I guess lycra does have better access for THAT.
what a chance for ......nah fergetit.

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
No....

TubeSSnapper said:
This IS a very sensitive subject indeed. Last week I heckled on this theme( in ss forum) and recieved a major spanking. People who wear lycra are very INTO wearing lycra. Possibly they feel betrayed , thinking MTBR would be a place they finally did not have defend wearing lycra. We of all people should "get it"
Think again.
touched nerve......I guess lycra does have better access for THAT.
what a chance for ......nah fergetit.
You were heckled because you made a moronic and sohpmoric statement and were more concerned about "being cool" than anything else.

Lycra is function over style. When I ride on trails, I ride in Lycra because it performs better. If I'm doing a pub crawl, I ride in baggies and a bike jersey with a collar.

It's not really that big a deal. Ride what you like, like what you ride. Personal preference.

Ken

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.