Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

921 - 930 of 930 Posts

·
Expert Crasher
6,356 Posts
Previous generation Salsa rustler carbon, a little narrow for my taste (they're 740mm and I really like the 800mm on my Fugitive) but they were the best carbon bars I could find for the price.

The Garmin mount is a K-edge adjustable stem mount, a little expensive but I was too far deepdown the rabbit hole to back up from the red anodized theme...you can find knock offs for cheaper on Amazon, but they may not be adjustable and their fit may not be the best (I had to grind a gopro stem mount that I sourced that way because it was too much of a tight fit n the 1 1/8 steering tube.
Thanks. I ended up with 17deg Bend Bar Deluxe. Also, 740. Really like them, the sweep is perfect for me. Thanks for the info on the K-edge. I have a K-edge, probably 8yrs old or so, on my road bike. Unfortunately, broke the tab on my Garmin Edge 500 (also 8-9yrs old) so no longer need a mount, just goes in a pocket now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks. I ended up with 17deg Bend Bar Deluxe. Also, 740. Really like them, the sweep is perfect for me. Thanks for the info on the K-edge. I have a K-edge, probably 8yrs old or so, on my road bike. Unfortunately, broke the tab on my Garmin Edge 500 (also 8-9yrs old) so no longer need a mount, just goes in a pocket now.

Great looking set up. What fork is that? I'm having a hard time deciding what fork route to go for rigid. I've got the options of:

-2020 Ogre fork (a2c-447mm)
-Older (2006?) KM fork a2c 465
-2015 KM fork a2c 468

I kind of want to keep this budget and these fork all for well under $100. I really like the options for racks with the Ogre but am afraid the a2c measurements are too small. This isn't intended for trail riding btw. I want this for my 8mi rail trail mixed gravel/road commute w/ 700x42c tires.

Does anyone have advice here?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Nice looking setup too! I am actually on the hunt for a 2016 geared frame so that I can setup the white bike back to SS and have a trail hardtail with gears and front suspension. I know I could do the same with the current frame but...

·
rth009
911 Posts
[/QUOTE] What fork is that? I'm having a hard time deciding what fork route to go for rigid. I've got the options of:

-2015 KM fork a2c 468

I kind of want to keep this budget and these fork all for well under $100. I really like the options for racks with the Ogre but am afraid the a2c measurements are too small. This isn't intended for trail riding btw. I want this for my 8mi rail trail mixed gravel/road commute w/ 700x42c tires.

Does anyone have advice here?[/QUOTE]

I think the 2020 ogre is a non-suspension corrected frame and the El Mar is set up for 80mm or 100mm suspension fork. Id steer clear of the new Ogre fork for that reason. I bet the 2015 KM fork would be alot better.

·
Expert Crasher
6,356 Posts
Great looking set up. What fork is that? I'm having a hard time deciding what fork route to go for rigid. I've got the options of:

-2015 KM fork a2c 468

Does anyone have advice here?
2015 KM fork, works perfectly, will fit 29x3.0 if desired.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2015 KM fork, works perfectly, will fit 29x3.0 if desired.

Thank you so much for the info. I went that route (although earlier model to keep the QR to keep the same wheels for now). This is my first rigid build and I'm LOVING it. I was planning to only run the fork on my commute but have been blasting trails. I'm actually fast(er)!

Also I cannot overstate how badly the portapotty blue (Surly color of KM fork) clashed with the frame. I decided to make it look worse with a rattle can splatter paint job. SICK

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've had this 2008 El Mar for a few months now. It's amazing on singletrack, and the only bike I have that's smoother is my 1985 Trek 720. This winter I'm building up a 29er wheelset for my Salsa Beargrease, so next spring/summer I'll be deciding whether to keep or sell the El Mar. IMAG0005.jpg

·
Expert Crasher
6,356 Posts
Thank you so much for the info. I went that route (although earlier model to keep the QR to keep the same wheels for now). This is my first rigid build and I'm LOVING it. I was planning to only run the fork on my commute but have been blasting trails. I'm actually fast(er)!

Also I cannot overstate how badly the portapotty blue (Surly color of KM fork) clashed with the frame. I decided to make it look worse with a rattle can splatter paint job. SICK
No problem. Splatter paint job looks great!

·
Registered
468 Posts

Just picked this little beauty up on craigslist. I bought it for the frame only as I have much nicer parts and plan to turn it into a 23-24lb rocket ship. Already stripped and in the process, was able to get 12x142 dropouts and axle online as well.

921 - 930 of 930 Posts