Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The accident occured on the 23rd. He was in the hospital until Tuesday, the 27th. The kids finally opened their presents on Tuesday. Yes, scary, but a full recovery is expected and he may be able to ride within a couple weeks.

A rather difficult fall season to be sure, between J's spleen, my ribs and now this. D will be wrapped in bubble wrap, as she has made it this far unscathed. But to put things in perspective, I attended a memorial service for a co-worker yesterday.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get out on my bike. It has a new carbon fork and some other new shiney bits. I really need a ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Glad the driver was okay first and foremost. If you don't mind to share I would like to know how the accident happened. If it was the drivers fault hearing about it could curb some bad driving habits, or if it was a freak accident it could just make a few people realize that wearing seat belts ALL the time is a good idea.

A friend of mine had gotten an S4 (not an avant though) a few weeks before I remember you posting about that car, I love the s4 avant in red and blue. Looks like the vehicle slid into a tree on the side, but I'm wondering how it happened especially considering it's AWD.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
screampint said:
Tomorrow I'm hoping to get out on my bike. It has a new carbon fork and some other new shiney bits. I really need a ride.
Sometimes things like this happen to us, seemingly without reason. Life hammers away at us and kicks us when we are down.

Nevertheless, you are strong and resilient, you can bend with these blows against you, and not break. Our thoughts are with you.

Be strong. Have faith.

R.

·
mtbr member since 1997
354 Posts
Troy has all my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. That's pretty scary.

Here's to a much better 2006.
Mary Ann

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went for a ride today, feel much better. Amazing how a couple hours in the cold fresh air can lift one's spirit. Especially when riding new bike parts.

I want to thank you all for your concern. I can't tell you how difficult it is to see a loved one in such a state before the ambulance gets to the scene. I was a minute behind in my car, thank goodness I wasn't in it (nor was anybody else).

Troy will be fine. A 100% recovery is expected. He has a closed head injury, but no other injuries. I guess his thick skull came in handy... I'm surprised at how quickly he has improved.

As far as the car, yes, it slid into a tree. For some unknown reason (he can't remember much) he tried to turn right on a road that doesn't lead to our house. He took at full speed, which could mean he was avoiding an animal or something else, but a ninety degree turn at 60 miles an hour doesn't bode well.

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Screampint, Glad to hear your husband is going to be fine. It could have been much worse as we all know. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully New Year's will be a clean slate for you and yours. Hang tough.

fiona

·
Registered
922 Posts
WOW! Best wishes for a speedy recovery to T and wishing for an uneventlful 2006 for you and your family.

I have some pretty pink Bubble wrap I could send you :)

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
screampint said:
Went for a ride today, feel much better. Amazing how a couple hours in the cold fresh air can lift one's spirit. Especially when riding new bike parts.

I want to thank you all for your concern. I can't tell you how difficult it is to see a loved one in such a state before the ambulance gets to the scene. I was a minute behind in my car, thank goodness I wasn't in it (nor was anybody else).

Troy will be fine. A 100% recovery is expected. He has a closed head injury, but no other injuries. I guess his thick skull came in handy... I'm surprised at how quickly he has improved.

As far as the car, yes, it slid into a tree. For some unknown reason (he can't remember much) he tried to turn right on a road that doesn't lead to our house. He took at full speed, which could mean he was avoiding an animal or something else, but a ninety degree turn at 60 miles an hour doesn't bode well.
Yee-ooww! Glad to hear you both survived the trauma. Give him my best wishes for a continued speedy recovery. Hopefully 2006 will bring you and yours much better luck!!

Kathy

·
grasso e lento
410 Posts
God speed

screampint,

Glad to hear things are ok for the most part. May the hand of prayers fall upon you and your family.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
screampint said:

sar,

so glad to hear Troy is going to be ok. that is a scary looking wreak. keep danielle wrapped in bubble wrap through '06 and all will be well. ;)

seriously, my thoughts are with you guys. here's to a safe & healthy 06 for all of us.

rt

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
screampint said:
I'm really glad to hear that. I'd heard that Troy was injured in a car accident and I'm relieved that he will recover completely. His positive outlook on life will certainly help.

See you in about 4 months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.