Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we did one of these last year, we should make it a tradition. It's only February, lots of you guys will be snowed under still, but I'm sure there's already some great shots out there. I'll start us off, here are a couple of me, taken yesterday by my good friend Reuben Shaul:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice pictures! Still covered in snow here...

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is from a race up in Wisconsin. Funny thing is I didn't realize I was putting any style into any of the jumps till I saw this pic.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
This is from a race up in Wisconsin. Funny thing is I didn't realize I was putting any style into any of the jumps till I saw this pic.

gonna be the ******* here, but if you don't realize you're doing that in the air, you're probably not very good/riding dangerously stupidly, and probably shouldn't be in the air that much.

But honestly, I bet you realize that you're steezin, and you just didn't realize you were getting it that steezy, in which case I take it all back!

edit: also, because opinions are like a5sholes, heres some content of my own!

·
Registered
232 Posts
haha, yeah I guess I knew I was putting some style into it I just didn't realize I was throwing the steez down.

edit: I just realized that this is for 2012 pictures and not last years

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
I am humbled...can't even put any of mine up....great photos !!!

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does it look better after some editing?
Much better colors, yes. But I don't think the cropping works with the fence, you'll need to leave at least a little sky in there still. The original has a nice sense of size and scale to it, there is room for a little cropping for sure, but maybe not as much as your second version. My two cents'...

·
Registered
372 Posts

YES! I was racing that day too, all the pics Joe took of me were on the steeper rocky part just before this jump. Sounds like they will be bumping the race up to early spring this year.

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
Much better colors, yes. But I don't think the cropping works with the fence, you'll need to leave at least a little sky in there still. The original has a nice sense of size and scale to it, there is room for a little cropping for sure, but maybe not as much as your second version. My two cents'...
noted, thanks for the advice, i was thinking the same thing, but wanted to try this too. I'll work on the cropping a little more.

1 - 20 of 268 Posts