Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Those who skibike, know..
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deepwoods-Flyer,

It is no secret that you feel you were wronged - you have been happy to tell anyone who will listen. Often. Why not take this chance to dissuade anyone out there who is considering purchasing an Ellsworth on why they should shop somewhere else?

Rather than hijack someone else's thread, I encourage you to take this thread and make it your own.

To all potential consumers:
When making a consumer decision, I always aim to be as well informed as possible, and this means considering all pros and cons, and customer service is where most cons can be found. This is my attempt to lay out for you what happened to Deepwoods in one place, in his words, so you can consider it in your decision.

Deepwoods, the ball is in your court. Respectfully.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This ought to really become interesting with an Ellsworth employee (presumably a new employee) being completely ignorant of all the past issues with Tony Ellsworth and other Ellsworth employees posting here, making the same dumb mistake. I'd think they have a company policy of not posting here unless it is to inform.

Jeez dude, go ask TE if it is okay for you post here before trying to act cool. He may just smack you around a bit.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok - 24 hrs later...

Plenty of posts elsewhere and even a new thread wondering who I am. Fun, informative stuff. Yes I am an employee of Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles, Inc. Shocker.

People are free to post wherever of course. I was really hoping for substance, however. Maybe no one cares? If so, well, thats information too...

·
Praise Bob
490 Posts
My thoughts exactly

First of all let me say that I really appreciate RRX's posts, and it is awesome that we have access to an actual employee for information, help and advice. RRX's posts are well written and obviously he is intelligent.

That said, I believe that he is doing his company a disservice by directly communicating with irrate customers on customer service issues in a public forum. I can understand even putting up a poll asking for information on people's experience with Ellsworth customer service in an effort to improve future service. I can even understand some marketing spin saying something along the lines of how "Ellsworth is committed to constant improvement in that area of their business and takes all claims seriously".

The point is that it is such a slipperly slope to attempt to repair *past* events that were percieved negatively by the customer. Nothing good can possibly come of it (see my post in other thread). I appreciate what RRX is trying to do, but he must realize that it wont change history. Deepwoods percived that he was wronged in his claim. Was he? Who knows. Maybe. Is there anything that anyone can say that will change the history of those events? No. You will never change that perception. All you can do is appoligize and say that processes are now in place to prevent that type of occurance in the future.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
RRX - Cool that you are on the boards, but I would read the rules re companies etc posting...

For sure people care, it is a fact of life though, the past is there. I will say, more peeps need to "Look Back, but dont Stare"

One bad experience takes 10 good experiences at least to Quash it.....

I think though and I dont want to speculate, but think it would be advisable to get some history on MTBR with the topic of Ellsworth...

I have owned a total of 3 Ellsworths (Dare, Id and still own a Ride Signature Series) I never had any problems and always let people know that, now I am not someone whom takes all posts, information etc on the internet as truth...

I will say though, if 2% of what has been said over the years by Tony E and Ellsworth as a topic in general, it has made me think, and think real hard.......

Anyway, welcome

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well put, Spartacus Rex.

My goal, simply, was to understand what happened. I was confused reading / researching historical posts and I was under the impression that getting the straight story, all in one place, would be helpful for myself as well as other interested, passionate, potential consumers.

Is that a misguided goal? I certainly do not want it to be a disservice.

Respectfully

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Rogue Rider x said:
Is that a misguided goal? I certainly do not want it to be a disservice.
Not at all misguided...... Just not a simple thing to do on the interweb.........

I went through the same thing, when I put the order in for my Dare from New Zealand, it was scary, the sh!t was flying, I didnt give a dam, I had made my decision and was happy, but there was still much words given to me.... I then went on and got the Id.....

So for sure am a happy customer........

I do wish you all the luck to get some momentum with your desired goal.... The CS has come with great feedback of the last many many moons......

·
ZEN RIDER!
950 Posts
Can't we just end this once & for all & move on. Its OLD, in the past, and been beaten to death. Honestly if your still bringing this up after what 7 yrs or so, you really need to get over it & move on. State your opinion once, make your point & just end it there.
Please let the horse lie where it is.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.