Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...has been greatly exaggerated.

Trek HQ is showing nine small carbon frames in stock, right now.

If that's your size, all you need to do is ask your local Trek dealer to press the "go" button and those big, puffy wheels will be in motion.

XL's are due in October (that's, um, next month) and M and L frames due in March.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

If that's your size, all you need to do is ask your local Trek dealer to press the "go" button and those big, puffy wheels will be in motion.

XL's are due in October (that's, um, next month) and M and L frames due in March.
What year / model ? Leftovers ? Or new bike ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
This place needs an enema
17,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the holy grail that is the XR2 Mike, is that becoming readily available in 29x3.0" again do you know?
I only just sold out of those this AM.

So I just went and looked. My next order is slated to arrive November 8th.

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,696 Posts

Am I understanding correctly that it will be available in carbon only?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Using the right components and set-up I have gotten 3 Stache's to SS just fine. That said...I will NOT be shocked when the stresses finally break something back there! The silver 2018 is the only one I have left (still my daily driver) and going strong...will be sad if that does happen.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Using the right components and set-up I have gotten 3 Stache's to SS just fine. That said...I will NOT be shocked when the stresses finally break something back there! The silver 2018 is the only one I have left (still my daily driver) and going strong...will be sad if that does happen.
Interesting. I've heard from many owners that the carbon Stache in particular flexed quite a bit when running it SS causing the rear tire to rub on the stays. What are the right components and set up for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
322 Posts
Bigger rings and cogs vs smaller (i.e. 34 x 20 or 32 x 22ish, not 30 x 18 or such.) Also, chain tension higher than what you've always been used to on all your previous SS's. No droop! There's a similar discussion going on in the Trek forum, pretty parallel to this one.

·
Nurse Ben
11,616 Posts
You could always get a Stache built by a custom frame builder, but 3” tires will be an issue if they are no longer made.

This ^ is what happened to 26+, just supply and demand.

Good to hear there’s still done availability.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The guy who I bought my Stache (also the silver 2018) from never had any frame problems but kept having issues with stuff like spokes pulling through rims from putting down excessive amounts of power. Pretty sure he stressed it beyond what what most people would expect from running singlespeed.

He sold to buy a Full Stache - I saw on FB that he just cracked his 4th chainstay from continuing to push its limits riding.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's not dead yet but will we see a 2022 model with all modern improvements? I really dreaming for a much lower standover and more reach.

Btw I've ordered an Stache 2021 M frame few months ago and it will arrive in October. I wish I could find 29x3.0 SE4 tires somewhere... Alternatively, I'm considering putting a 140mm fork and 2.8/2.6 combo like Vigilante front and something fast-rolling but still grippy in the rear.

I still own a Trek Full Stache that I'm desperately trying to sell for last year lol...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.