Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a big lump in your throat from dry heaves, lack of water and the unusual warm weather this time of the year. Your legs cry out for the ache to stop but still, it remains for a little while longer. With every turn of the handlebar, your HID light reveals shadows. It watches and creeps around, as you and your buddy glide silently beneath the darkness that cloaks the woods. Nighttime in the woods is the playground for the bogeyman. Since early childhood, we are told to stay away from dark places where bad things happen. Night brings the unknown. It brings trepidation to one's senses. It is the reason why we should be safely at home and in the comforts of our bed.

But for some, nighttime in the woods is an adventure, an exploration of the unfamiliar. It is where you can realize your dreams. Where you can fulfill your urge to sculpt scrumptious singletrack in the cover of darkness. And with your HID light serving as a beacon, it opens a portal to another world of riding.

Thanks for looking and may your bike dreams come true.

Riding a fixed gear bike in the dark require big guns.

A beam of light paved the way.

Your shadow plays tricks on you.

Drevil took off like a ghost after mounting his fixed gear beast.

In search of the bogeyman.

Concentrating on the task at hand.

Fatigue from night riding is by far, the best pillow.

"How lovely are the portals of the night, when stars come out to watch the daylight die." ~Thomas Cole, Twilight

·
Registered
136 Posts
seeing posts like that makes me want to get out on a night ride. I would need to find someone to go with me though, otherwise I would be too petrified and would most likely just curl up in the fetal position and cry all night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.