Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can endure Al Trautwig, Lance overload, Sam Poosey, and all the rest of the crap about this year's TDF coverage on OLN, but this Cyclism sh!t, what the fuvk is that? Man is that sh!t ass crap lame. OLN stick that Cyclism sh!t up the ass of hell.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
what you said

......whatever it was :rolleyes:

The weirdo in this commercial acts like he's having a cyclism or something. :eek:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
What bothers me the most is that I'm already watching the Tour and I have to see this cyclism crap hyping the tour during the breaks. I'm already watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen it about 50 times. I'm sad I'll have to see it at least another 50 times.

francois

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
francois said:
What bothers me the most is that I'm already watching the Tour and I have to see this cyclism crap hyping the tour during the breaks. I'm already watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen it about 50 times. I'm sad I'll have to see it at least another 50 times.

francois
And the thing is, the tour has been pretty boring this year. Stage 3 and 4 had some good action, but since then.... nada.

Tomorrow should start some action though.

george

·
Registered
218 Posts
First of all that guy in non other than Jason Lee from Chasing Amy,Dogma and a few other Kevin Smith movies. All of which Jason's character was played flawlessly. Second the Cyclism is a religious movement so where will you be when the crap hits the fan.
Gawd they let anyone buy a bike these days, I remeber the days when you'd walk into a shop and have to convince the sales man you where a cyclist and not just some newbie with computer access.

Just stirring a turd, those comercial's suck and if Jason Lee is such a great actor why is he doing OLN comercials??? Did I mention I am bipolaroid? Have a great riding weekend peps.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks

skinny-tire said:
Dude, you need to get out more.

BTW, some guys are coming over tomorrow around 3 to watch the Cyclism. Interested, or is the honey do list too long?
But the wife has signed me up for some Kerry thing at 2:00.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Use the DVR

I am using a DVR to record the 3+ hour of race coverage during the day. Then at night I can fast forward through all the commercials. Takes me about 1.5 hours to watch the racing - the only way to watch.

·
what a joke
2,279 Posts
it sucks

The ciclysmsmsymsms really does blow. I have taken to reading the stuff painted on the road by the fans/locals etc as the riders go over the top of it. Its all the usual stuff, names etc but 2 days I was watching a single guy way out in front and I swear someone painted like a 20' long d1ck on the road and I was sitting trying to work out if what I just saw was actually a d1ck then he road over another even bigger one. That was some funny shite! :D

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jason Lee

Here is the biography of this Cyclism freak.

1. LAME ASS CRAP CYCLISM COMMERCIALS - 2004
  2. Southland Tales (2005) (pre-production)
  3. Ballad of Jack and Rose, The (2004) (post-production)
  4. Drop Dead Sexy (2004) (post-production) .... Frank
  5. Incredibles, The (2004) (post-production) (voice) .... Syndrome/Incrediboy
  6. Sonic Youth Video Dose (2004) (TV)
  7. Jersey Girl (2004) .... PR Exec #1
  8. I Love Your Work (2003) .... Dishevelled Man
  9. Dreamcatcher (2003) .... Joe 'Beaver' Clarenden
  10. Guy Thing, A (2003) .... Paul Coleman
  11. Stealing Harvard (2002) .... John Plummer
  12. Big Trouble (2002) .... Puggy
  13. Vanilla Sky (2001) .... Brian Shelby
  14. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) .... Brodie Bruce/Banky Edwards
  15. Heartbreakers (2001) .... Jack Withrowe
  16. Almost Famous (2000) .... Jeff Bebe
    ... aka Untitled: Almost Famous the Bootleg Cut (2001) (USA: director's cut (DVD title))
  17. Mumford (1999) .... Skip Skipperton
  18. Dogma (1999) .... Azrael
  19. Enemy of the State (1998) .... Daniel Leon Zavitz
  20. Cuisine américaine (1998) .... Loren Collins
    ... aka American Cuisine (1998)
  21. Kissing a Fool (1998) .... Jay Murphy
  22. Better Place, A (1997) (as Dennis Pepper and Linus Peacock) .... Dennis Pepper/Steve
  23. Weapons of Mass Distraction (1997) (TV) .... Phillip Messenger
  24. Chasing Amy (1997) .... Banky Edwards
  25. Drawing Flies (1996) .... Donner
  26. Mallrats (1995) .... Brodie Bruce
  27. Mi vida loca (1993) .... Teenage Drug Customer
    ... aka My Crazy Life (1993)
  28. Video Days (1991) (V)

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
I'm watching it every morning and then sometimes again at night with my wife when she gets home. I'm enjoying the coverage and think everyone is doing a fine job. I like the Cutter show, I love HR, but wish he were on his bike more in the footage. I disagree about the tour being 'boring' so far. There have been a few days that are slow for a reason, but nothing to complain about, all part of the strategy and the 'Tour in general. It's not a DH race.

Yoday was GREAT, I was on the edge of my seat.

The Cyclism spots... Jason Lee is king, skater turned actor with a great attitude. I dig his humor in the spots and still laugh at them.

Some of you ppl should get out and ride more, or click the clicker when the commercials come on.

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
kitchenware said:
Yoday was GREAT, I was on the edge of my seat.
I'm with you there. My mornings are getting less productive as the stages start climbing. Great stuff today (for some anyway).

I don't b!tch about ads, because without the ads there'd be no coverage. Plus, the 'jump' button on the remote takes care of that anyway....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Boring?

Come on! Yesterday we had cows in the road. It doesn't get any more fun than that. ;) Otherwise it's been like watching a Nascar race: Just waiting for another good wreck. I loved the one where the guy plowed head-on into the hay bail on the divider island in the middle of the road and went endo. Yesterday's run-in with the fence post was good too. Amazing that the guy finished the day. Since I record it on TiVo, I must have watched some of those wrecks 20 times.

Speaking of TiVo (DVR), I also record it and watch it in the evening, so I can fast forward over the commercials. Therefore, I don't really know what this Cyclism is, other than an ad for the program I'm already watching (how stupid is that? Wasting paid space to preach to the choir).

I feel sort of dirty agreeing with the last guy who said he likes the Cutters, but it it's interesting sometimes. Plus, Kirstin floats my boat. Still waiting for No Way Ray to show off some moves (other than hitting on the podium girls).

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dude

kitchenware said:
Some of you ppl should get out and ride more, or click the clicker when the commercials come on.
It seems that for almost every poster that expresses an opinion, there is someone that responds - "just ride" or "change the channel". By the same logic, if I express that I don't like tuna fish, I should expect a "just ride" or "eat something else" response. Like I had no clue that I could eat something else or ride a bike. My god people. You are correct sir. I will just go out and ride forever non-stop so I have no time to express my opinion that THE EVIL CYCLISM COMMERCIALS (OR WHATEVER THE HELL THEY ARE) EAT A$$ JUICE.

Kitchenware, thanks for the advice, and sorry for jumping on you, but I still say Cyclism sucks and I am not going to ride until that sh!t ends. :D Just so you know, I endure the Cyclism because the Tour rocks.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Jason Lee rocks. Have you seen Dogma, Chasing Amy, and actually my fav of his movies, Mumford.

Hey, I'm curiuos about this Kerry thing. Do you know what it is (the SO wants to start volunteering our time, after seeing the Michael Moore movie)?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.