Registered
218 Posts
Nashbar Flashback...

Joe Breeze...

Diamondback Voyager III...

·
Dork
14 Posts
Old 70's/80's DBS 12-speed race/touring-bike converted to a single speed coaster brake coffee-shop racer. Rides like a dream :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
my rather un-stock giant simple 7
chromed shivers
powder coated hayes
carbon race face post
7 speed road bike suicide shifter

1 of 100 skull skates limited edition

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well here are my contributions...top is a pre-war Schwinn DX with Monarch (I think) dual spring fork, Sturmey Archer front drum brake and red band two speed kickback. I may bechanging out the two speed for a Sturmey 3-speed w/drum...

Bottom is a 81 BCA BMX inspired MTB w/26" drum brakes front and rear and 3-speed.

Attachments

·
Illuminati
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
heres mine. I've been told its around 1955 schwinn fleet. currently still in vancouver, due on UK shores sometime this summer (if we ever have a UK summer?!)

I acquired it shortly after seeing the "coffee cruiser" thread. really impressed by that build :thumbsup: intionally I was going to do the full restore. now I'm going to see what condition its really in, clean it up, maybe fit a few modern parts depending on what, if anything needs replacing. I've been told its still rideable

curious to see the forks.. they kinda scare me :thumbsup:

·
clunker
248 Posts
eeeneey (1936 Schwinn C model bomber)

meeneey (1997 Breezer Iggy)

mineey (1938 Schwinn with some mods)

hey MOE (1986 Mongoose AT Pro)

·
faster than walking
65 Posts
This thread makes me happy, although somewhat envious. It is obvious some are throwing much dough at these old bikes, and that is what I envy. But mostly the lack of pretention and taking of one's self so seriously is what I find wonderfully refreshing.
You guys f-n rock.
Beautiful bikes, every one of them.
Thank you.

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
Joe Steel said:
I'll post a pic again after she comes back from the powder shop.
For some reason, the system wouldn't let me edit my original post (maybe that function times out over time?) Here's a pic after powder coat.

Can you see it against the green background?:D

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
Cruiser? Klunker? Whatever....

Here the latest creation to emerge from the test lab:

A 1952 Schwinn frame, with a newer fork (I believe from a "Mad Wagon"), with cantilever posts and truss rods to maintain the 'old school' flavor. There's a Nexus 7-speed rear hub with a roller brake out back.

I gotta say, this is one of THE most fun bikes I've put together in a while. It's tight, smooth, and a blast to ride. I'm really impressed with the rear wheel.

It may get a powder coat eventually (that fork is killin' me), and there may be additional changes down the road (tires) -- but I think I'll ride it for awhile like this.

Cheers~
Joe

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't ask me what the hell this is, it's heavy, steers to left and the grips disappeared the second it started raining, but it's my cruiser....:)

Attachments

41 - 60 of 821 Posts