Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a pair of Specialized Captain tires for my 07 Stumpjumper pro. Great tires honestly. Very good traction, low weights, seem fast. Corner great for a 2.0 inch width

However if someone at Specialized is reading this...
If you want to make the perfect tire, make them in a 2.1 or 2.2!!!! There is no specialized tire around this size for aggresize XC/trail/all mountain riding, and making the Captain a bit wider would really give it fantastic handling and a larger volume.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have the 2.2 Fast Track Controls & I think it is the best tire I have ever owned! The reinforced side knobs, D2 casting, 2bliss technology & standard knob hight (non-LK) are a huge improvements. I run them tubeless on 819 rims & they pumped up the first time like they had tubes in them! They fit so well it was hard as heck to unbead them to add Stans!
Specialized - Please don't stop making this tire!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm didn't realize the fast-traks came in a 2.2. Too bad its not the s-works. Also I've found the captains take hard/fast corners better than the fast traks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
(don't quote me on this, but 2.2" The Captain should be available this summer.)
;-)
Keep in mind that tire pressure can be a HUGE factor in tire performance. The effects of changes as little as 2-3 PSI can be felt by many riders. And, the "perfect" pressure may be different in various riding conditions. And, that's assuming you haven't changed suspension setup or bike position or...

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had sworks captains and could not get them to seal even with Stans. The side wall had hundreds of tiny holes. They did corner extremely well but with the lack of a better term vibrated on hard pack turns. Didn't cause a problem, just felt strange. Only replaced them with the Fast Tracks because of the sealing problem. (Thank you Specialized):thumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
i'll add my voice to the roll-x 2.2 and the resolution 2.3 i also like the fast track 2.2 on the front of my hardtail. the last of my roll-x tires is on the back.

roll-x 2.2r + resolution 2.3f in tubeless or control sidewalls would render every other tire combination pointless in the midatlantic region.

wasn't there some online petition?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
I have found the sworks enduro tire in both 2.2 and 2.3 to climb corner and take roots extremely well. Mud or dry. Maybe they werent popular but I am so disappointed they are gone :( I do have one extra set.... can I run them with stans on my new xt wheels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.