rear tire WTB Exiwolf
front tire WTB Exiwolf
nipples Brass F+R
Skewers XT

Attachments

·
Pivoteer
3,445 Posts
That is certainly the nicest Surly I have seen. Nice color.

I gotta ask though, will the tube sock height change when you are on the Surly? I didn't see knee-highs on the parts list :thumbsup: White Knee-highs will go great with the wheels :D

Nice bike.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DurtGurl said:
New bike and new Subaru? So clean.... now on your ride to work it's best to aim for as many sprinklers as you can to cool off. It does get your bike a bit dirty but it feels really good.
Sprinklers? But it's not hot here! :thumbsup:

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paul B said:
So clean! Agreed, that's the best-looking Monkey I've seen. Not a fan of the flat green they had for a while.

p.
I think the other color was poop-brown, they also changed to a smaller diameter down-tube this year, kind of keeps everything nicely proportional, very asthetically pleasing. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
DurtGurl said:
New bike and new Subaru? So clean.... now on your ride to work it's best to aim for as many sprinklers as you can to cool off. It does get your bike a bit dirty but it feels really good.
I hit the sprinklers on Priest on my way home today. those are a life saver!
Nice monkey BTW!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, no problems riding to work. Took about 15 minutes, passed a roadie. Bike works well. Good times.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
General Havoc said:
I've never heard you say anything good about either dual-control levers or Shimano brakes, was it a budget build, or are these things Jayem "approved?"
I've never said anything about them I think, but I have used them before. I wouldn't put them on a dedicated mountain bike, although when I was working in a shop shimano was selling them pretty cheap to get them out on bikes, although not as cheap as they are now. I like the right side, but not the left so much, but I think the limit should be adjusted some. It was somewhat of a budget build though, and the LX brakes + hone levers are ultra cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.