Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pisgah Productions presents the 5th annual Pisgah MTB Adventure Race PMBAR'07

Race Description

On May 5th, 2007 Teams of two riders will race to reach 4 of 5 checkpoints, in any order, and return to the start/finish. Checkpoint locations will remain secret until start-time and there is no suggested route. Routes will vary between 50-70 miles, will include 9,000-15,000 feet of climbing, and should take 6-12 hours to complete. PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EXTREME DIFFICULTY OF THIS EVENT.

The Pisgah MTB Adventure will be held deep in the Pisgah National Forest, one of the most beautiful, rugged, and unforgiving areas in the nation. There will be little or no water or food support on course. Once you leave the start/finish you are on your own. There will be no drops, sag wagons, or other outside support available. Be prepared for any circumstances you may encounter including, but not limited to: medical emergencies, navigational errors, inoperable equipment, wild animals, and stinging/poisonous insects and plants. AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE EXTREME DIFFICULTY OF THIS EVENT.

The 5th annual Pisgah MTB Adventure will feature all new checkpoints and even greater challenges than in years past. We have listened to your comments and have made adjustments accordingly.

Required Gear:

***There will be a mandatory Gear-Check before the start of the race AND as your team crosses the finish line. THERE WILL BE A 2 HOUR PENALTY FOR EVERY MISSING ITEM AT THE FINISH LINE. .There will also be random Gear-Checks on course. Don't mess around, every one of these items are here for your own safety. If you think leaving any of this behind will make you faster, this may not be your race.

Required Gear

1. Helmet. (1 per racer)~~~Racers must wear helmets ANY TIME they are riding their bikes. Uphill, Downhill, Gravel Road or Pavement. Racers not wearing a helmet while riding will be DQ'd.
2. Water Filter or Iodine (1 per team) ~~~ For the sake of your stomach, and those that will be around you after the race, DO NOT DRINK DIRECTLY FROM RIVERS OR CREEKS.
3. Rain Jacket (1 per racer) ~~~ Even if it's 70 degrees and sunny, don't mess around. I don't expect anyone to spend the night in the woods... but if you do, you'll want a jacket. I promise.
4. Emergency blanket (1 per racer)~~~ See above
5. National Geographic, Pisgah National Forest, Pisgah Ranger District, Topographic map. (1 per team)~~~ Every trail used in the Pisgah MTB Adventure is on that map.
6. Compass (1 per team)~~~ What good is a map without a compass?
7. Lighter (1 per team)~~~ see #3
8. Emergency Light Source (Flashlight, LED, etc.) (1 per racer)~~~ There is a good chance your team will be arriving at the start/finish after dark. Bring appropriate lighting to get off the trail.
9. Red 'Blinkie' rear light (1 per racer)~~~ Riders must burn a tail-light anytime they are on pavement or gravel roads, day or night.
10. First Aid Kit w/ Gauze, Tape, Ace Bandage, etc. (1 per team)~~~ Be prepared for anything!

Rules:

1. Team members must remain in vocal contact throughout the event, must visit checkpoints together with their bikes and required gear, and they must finish together. If one team member is unable to continue, then the other should assist him/her to safety or obtain assistance. The unaffected member must not continue to race alone.
2. On arrival at the finish, participants will have their equipment checked to ensure they are carrying their required gear.
3. Checkpoints may be manned ,and anyone arriving without their teammate, bike or equipment will not be allowed to punch their passport and will be disqualified.
4. Approved cycling helmets must be worn at all times when riding in the event. Riding without a helmet will result in disqualification.
5. Any action deemed against the spirit of the event may result in disqualification. The organizers decision is final.
6. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse. All racers are expected to understand and comply with these rules
7. Teams must inform the checkpoint volunteers where they are going next.
8. Teams must have their passports punched from four checkpoints to finish
9. Teams must stay on designated Mountain Bike trails or gravel roads
10. NO BUSHWACKING.
11. Racers must yield to other trail users.
If you encounter horses: STOP! DISMOUNT! Ask equestrian for further instructions
Hikers: Announce your presence, Yield.
Other riders: Downhill riders yield to uphill riders.
12. Road Rules:
a.When on pavement and gravel roads ride SINGLE FILE and on the RIGHT.
b. Do not cut corners. Pass with care. Use hand signals to communicate with traffic.
c. burn rear red light at all times while on pavement or gravel roads​

Sponsors

Hayes
Thomson
BioWheels
DeFeet
Emergen-C
Princeton Tec
Pro-Bikes
Industry Nine
Hawley USA
WTB
White Brothers
Old Man Mountain
Tifosi
Youngblood Bicycles
Hearn's
Masmacita's
Waltworks
Hammer Nutrition
KendaUSA
Mountain Sports Festival
Tinsley Web Solutions
Pisgah Area SORBA - PAS
Sir Bikes-A-Lot.com

More Sponsors to come....

Past Event Write-ups

PMBAR 2003
PMBAR 2004
PMBAR 2005
PMBAR 2006

DoubleDare2006

Race Information

Sign-In and Mandatory Gear-Check 6:00AM-7:30AM. Start 8AM
Across from Davidson River Campground Pisgah Forest , NC
Parking is tight and limited, additional parking available up the road at Ranger Station
Prices: Open - $70.00 Online Reg. Closes: May 3, 2007 11:59 PM Pacific Time

Lodging : you will be required to provide your own.
Reservations can be made through Reserveusa.com or by calling 1-877-444-6777
Need more Info?

Contact Us
[email protected]

Website now up!​

The Pisgah MTB Adventure is under special use permit with the U.S. Forest Service.

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's right folks! The U.S. Forest Service has given me the go-ahead for PMBAR 07. Registration will open... ah, what the hell... I'll open it NOW!!!
~E

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
That's right folks! The U.S. Forest Service has given me the go-ahead for PMBAR 07. Registration will open... ah, what the hell... I'll open it NOW!!!
~E
Let the panic begin.
I'm already in.
What do I win?

Rider 2 First Name.......Wonder
Rider 2 Last Name.......Boy
Rider 2 Gender............mixed

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
Heh.

Broussard said:
Broussard and D****z are all up in it.

That is all.

Oh, wait......

PHEAR !

Now, that really is all.

ZB
That's really funny that his actual NAME is censored. I'm a little
jealous. I think I might ought to change my name to Assard or
Dickssard or ****ssard or Shitssard or something.

HA HA MODERATOR - YOU MISSED ONE !!!!!!

ZB

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
teamdicky said:
BUT $300 per tomato
No, you got it wrong. Last year was the big freeze that caused the tomato crops to be so expensive. This year we are warm and it is a good year to invest into Heinz.

teamdicky said:
Gotta do something to keep the SC riff-raff home that day.
Remember you started it. Just remember to leave "The Boy" at home so you don't have to get a tear in your beer when the post-race party begins.

This is my partner for the race this year. . .

Attachments

·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow!

Registration has been open for less than 12 hours and already 10 spots are filled. If you want to race you better get your entry in soon!
~E

·
Category Winner
6,138 Posts
pisgahproductions said:
Ladies and Gentlemen... THE Wes Dickson, KOP, has signed up for PMBAR 07.
What else can I say?

~E
Is there any reason to race now? I'll bet he could partner up with a corpse, strap it to his back and carry a spare bike in his teeth on his way to victory.
Pointless I say.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hey Bruised-aSSard!!

Hey man! I didn't pick my name! And I didn't pick damn mtbr to censor me!! I feel like such an outsider.. a minority... like the Man be puttin' me down! you might wanna re-register your partner as "Mr Harry Balzac"
I've resigned my god-given name in honor of mountain biking!! I hope you're all happy now!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Team Dos Idiots

Gabe and me are in...racing on "All Mountain Fixies". We are confident in our abilities to go slow and drink beer and have a wonderful time. Our high standard is to not be at the bottom of the totem pole.....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.