Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
hairyharris said:
Which is the better Sid? The world cup or the race. I know they are not the most durable shock, but is one better for all around xc riding. Thanks!!!
Well, the SID is not a good fork for general trail riding. However, if you're set on one...

SID Race has pure delite damping wich is pure garbage; however, it is 0.2lbs lighter than the world cup.

SID World Cup uses carbon steerer and crown. IMO carbon crowns and steerers belong on road bikes. It has motion control damping, which is FAR superior, it is also 0.2lbs heavier and much more $$$.

SID Team sounds like the best SID for general trail riding if you're dead set on a SID.

I would look into a REBA for the purpose of general trail riding. REBA World Cup (again, I would be terrified of carbon on my MTB fork) is only 0.3lbs heavier than SID World Cup and is in a different league in terms of rigidity which translates into more control for you over your front wheel. Much more control. REBA Team is 0.24lbs heavier than SID Team, and it would be my fork of choice if I was set on going with Rock Shox.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
hairyharris said:
this will go on a HT for endurance racing.
A fork you might be very interested in is a Marzocchi Corsa World Cup. It has a chasis of similar stature as the Reba and is lighter than the SID (claimed weight of 1150g, or 2.54lbs).

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/d...Folder=208&IDOggetto=31035&LN=UK&Sito=usa-mtb

XC series is also quite good and their air models rival the SID in terms of weight and are much more durable.

The only caveat with these Marzocchis is that the chasis is completely new and there might be a few kinks to be worked out. There could be none. And Marzocchi customer service has been excellent in my experience.

_MK

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.