Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
though i had to sell it to fund the new Ventana (which I love), I do miss having a 26er (single speed anyway). My next bike one day will likely be a light, v-brake, Ti 26" single speed.

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
Yes!

Bike Nazi said:
is all the used 26ers on sale:)

Just a matter of time.
I had planned on getting a nice steel 29er, but with so many migrating to the 29er and selling their fairly new 26" rigs, I'm postponing my plans.

Curious
(Currently hunting for a 5" FS 26er)

·
Registered
157 Posts
when to sell the 26er.

i'm with u curious.

have a scalpel and a gary fisher rig. hardly ever ride the scalpel, so i've thought of selling it. the thing is that there are rides from time to time that are good for gears. but i'm with u. there is going to be a revolution. i predict that within the next year or so, 29er will be all the rage. so i'm going to wait and hold onto the scalpel probably. i can always turn it into a sweet, light, fs, singlespeeder. any input? i do look forward to getting a geared 29er though.

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From all my reading, I was guessing, 29 compared to 26

Hollywood said:
I'm keeping the ol' 26er girl around for good. Riding the new ss Niner has been nice, but not that much nicer. I'll admit I bought into the hype a bit, but it's still a new bike so no complaints :cool:
a little better or a little worse or somewhere inbetween but slightley different,
not knocking the 29 inch new world order, just saying I'm way to tight to re-tool while there is so much cost effective 26 inch gear in to be had.

Beside IMO 26" or 29" bikes, the smaller sizes just look cooler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.