Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, New Year's Day....we hit up one of our favorite back country rides.

This is a ride we only do a few times a year. It's not a lot of mileage...but it is quite remote, and consists of a series of brutal, ridgeline hike-a-bikes.

Just when I'm at the point where I want to slit my wrists, from hiking my bike up these mind numbing, EFFING steeps...A massive payoff materializes.

Absolutely inspiring weather and dirt.

Without a doubt...the best ride of the year!

Attachments

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some of these steep, ridgeline hike-a-bikes are hundreds of yards long. You can see in the shot of Mushroom Dave hiking up...one of the dozens of high peaks that we hiked and then descended..only to be rewarded with yet another hike-a-bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
good job guys! there wasn't a bunch of trees down? we bushwacked the top part of bell ridge and yagger, massive blowdown there. los pinos has some great descending, lots o vert!

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
great pics steve!
what is the thing with these stones? are they holding like that on their own!? :eek: looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I love that route already. Damn looks like alotta fun. Still dunno why lizard eater needs to climb without a lid though...can't be that friggin hot in ENERO!

Did I mention that I love this route?

Awesome.

P.S. Mt NYD route was all road but a lotta fun if you believe me. No cow hucks, but still surprisingly Jesus saving worthy.

·
Registered
938 Posts
dft said:
good job guys! there wasn't a bunch of trees down? we bushwacked the top part of bell ridge and yagger, massive blowdown there. los pinos has some great descending, lots o vert!
The only downed trees were at or near Blue Jay campgroud. Los Pinos was completely clear and in good shape, except for a few of the ruts were carved a little deeper by the recent storms.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.