Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the best reason to carry a camera on the trails at Crested Butte is that it gives you an excuse to stop so you can recover your breath!

Saturday - out and back up to Deadmans from the Rosebud side.

1. The trail was in great shape!
2. Starting up Deadmans trail
3. Single track for one is not single track for another
4. A good chance to use the excuse of my camera to recover my breath
5. The trail across to Rosebud had to much snow to attempt.

Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Mountain bike Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle helmet

Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle Highland Soil

Highland Grassland Soil Slope Hill

Highland Mountainous landforms Slope Hill Terrain

Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

For more pictures and higher resolution versions: http://seanambermoab.blogspot.com/2007/05/memorial-weekend-saturday-26th-may-2007.html

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deadmans part 2

Saturday - out and back up to Deadmans from the Rosebud side - part 2

1. The deadmans switchbacks will not be ready for a while yet.
2. What you climb up you get to ride down
3. Scenic single track
4. More fun times descending
5. Some non man-made obstacles

Dog breed Dog Carnivore Forest Snow

Plant community Soil Slope Trail Mountain biking

Natural environment Plant community Trail Slope Adventure

Grass Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Natural landscape

Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Terrain Mountain

·
Registered
300 Posts
Stunning. Crested Butte is heaven on earth those 4 months out of the year when it's not covered in frozen mysery (unless you're a skiier, I suppose).

Sooooo... what's the word on the new Mojos now that they've seen time on a fitting test track? :)

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brutal Cycles said:
Stunning. Crested Butte is heaven on earth those 4 months out of the year when it's not covered in frozen mysery (unless you're a skiier, I suppose).

Sooooo... what's the word on the new Mojos now that they've seen time on a fitting test track? :)
Heh - I could have also labelled this thread "How much I love my bike!" I got my Mojo last October and my wife got hers in december. Best toy ever!

Winter was mostly spent on our mojo's around moab and I had been looking forward all through the winter to getting it to Crested Butte to see how it felt at altitude as normally I suffer greatly once we start riding there again for the first time each spring. (I suffered again but I had a smile on my face most of the time :thumbsup: )

cross post to the ibis-forum

Trying to define all-mountain will always get you into trouble, but how the mojo felt as I rode it uphill at altitude was happy times. Turning it around and heading downhill was even better, but these trails were not technical other than once you applied speed to elk-torn sections.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
wow, beautiful pics. love all the green and openness of those flowing trails!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
ZZ those are great pictures, thanks for sharing... I like the dog too ...

·
thecentralscrutinizer
2,993 Posts
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. I hope to ride out west some day before I get too old.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Great photos! I'm going to miss not going out there this summer. Hubby and I had a blast there last year. Looks like the trails are in pretty good condition for being late May!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts