Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to carry my bike up a steep track that had become washed out in recent storms making it unrideable unless your Danny Macaskill. Did my usual method of slinging the bike on left shoulder. Only problem a full suspension bike and a new rucksack meant I couldnt get it balanced right. Result = bars swing round and I get a bar end cap in the chops, leading to 1 x split lip, 2 x visits to the dentist for a crown and mucho hilarity amongst my mates who saw it happen.

How do you manhandle the bike and still leave a hand free for balance or for grabbing things to haul yourself up.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
It's tough to carry a bike on your back and leave a hand free. During long steep climbs, I used to carry my bike on my back. It took two hands and was pretty comfortable (the bike contacted on my Camelbak which acted like a pillow). Two problems:

1) Falling might smash my face into the ground; and
2) I bent my water bottle holder which eventually stripped out the allens, making it so I could not get the cage off the bike.

I have gone back to the shoulder method.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.