Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best fork I can buy for $200-$300 price range? I want around 100 mm of travel. I am willing to try any brand of fork. Please post any good deals you find on the internet.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
ewh080440 said:
What is the best fork I can buy for $200-$300 price range? I want around 100 mm of travel. I am willing to try any brand of fork. Please post any good deals you find on the internet.
try the search function:thumbsup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
It really depends upon your bike and the type of riding you do. What type of riding -- XC, Dirt Jump, Freeride, All Mountain???? What is your weight? What riding style -- aggressive, laid back, big drops, smooth pedaling??? Give us some more specific information and there are folks on this forum who can help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FrankinMich said:
It really depends upon your bike and the type of riding you do. What type of riding -- XC, Dirt Jump, Freeride, All Mountain???? What is your weight? What riding style -- aggressive, laid back, big drops, smooth pedaling??? Give us some more specific information and there are folks on this forum who can help you.
I ride agressive cross country and i'm 145 pounds. Ihave a hardtail trek with a crappy rock shock.

·
493 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for in a fork.

Want a bomber XC fork that's not going to require much maintenance? The Marzocchi MX Comp with ETA is the best you're going to find.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
ewh080440 said:
I ride agressive cross country and i'm 145 pounds. Ihave a hardtail trek with a crappy rock shock.
Aggressive cross country 100mm. travel, 2006 Manitou Minute 3:00. Wish I could justify spending the bucks for my backup hardtail but I just don't ride it much.

Ronnie.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
The only reason I said try the search function is because you will see alot of threads for people looking for a great bargain fork.

However, I just picked up a Manitou R7 Elite for $170. For my style riding it fits me perfect & from all the reviews it sounds to be a great fork for the buck.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I too, recently faced this dilemma. Agressive xc with a trek hardtail. I just bought a tora 302 u-turn (85mm-130mm) from blueskycycling.com. Seems perfect, and I got it shipped from west coast to east on 2-day air for less than $190. But if I had the same price range as you, I 'd get that brand new Revelation that's for sale on ebay now (less than 24 hrs and it's only $207 bid right now) I heard those things are as smooth as you can get.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
crazylax42 said:
I too, recently faced this dilemma. Agressive xc with a trek hardtail. I just bought a tora 302 u-turn (85mm-130mm) from blueskycycling.com. Seems perfect, and I got it shipped from west coast to east on 2-day air for less than $190. But if I had the same price range as you, I 'd get that brand new Revelation that's for sale on ebay now (less than 24 hrs and it's only $207 bid right now) I heard those things are as smooth as you can get.
Other then it being perfect. How does the tora 302 feel on drops, climbs, turns & obstacles?
Only reason I ask is because I passed the Tora up for the R7 Elite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.