Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basnhee seeing, the herald of longer travel forks, wants to use RS Revelation 150mm 29er fork for their crafty deed. Yup what you gonna see is the Banshee Megatron the Optimus Prime follower. Well, contrary to Prime, this MEgatron is gonna be a really bad boy, lads wanna subjugate him?

The Megatron will have 67 HTA, about 72 STA, 1,5 HT, 150x12 dropouts. Will anticipate the emergence of fox 36 with 160mm cashima coating.
What features you guys wanna see in this embodiment- embikement? Carbon for light weight? Alu for longetivity?

Currently in early Alfa planning stage, yet without you, Keith can't proceed. Let the brainstorm begin. I assume that some of you are peeved of short-travel 130mm FR bike nature of Prime. Let the real AM light FR bike just like the MEGATRON show up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Re: bikeindustrydude

Were you aware that Davidcopperfield is the reason Santa Cruz built the Tallboy?

Have you ever convinced a manufacturer to build a bike? :p

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
"Were you aware that Davidcopperfield is the reason Santa Cruz built the Tallboy?

Have you ever convinced a manufacturer to build a bike"

Now you've done it, DC will see that post as proof that someone has recognized his awesome DCness

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Davidcopperfield said:
Basnhee seeing, the herald of longer travel forks, wants to use RS Revelation 150mm 29er fork for their crafty deed. Yup what you gonna see is the Banshee Megatron the Optimus Prime follower. Well, contrary to Prime, this MEgatron is gonna be a really bad boy, lads wanna subjugate him?

The Megatron will have 67 HTA, about 72 STA, 1,5 HT, 150x12 dropouts. Will anticipate the emergence of fox 36 with 160mm cashima coating.
What features you guys wanna see in this embodiment- embikement? Carbon for light weight? Alu for longetivity?

Currently in early Alfa planning stage, yet without you, Keith can't proceed. Let the brainstorm begin. I assume that some of you are peeved of short-travel 130mm FR bike nature of Prime. Let the real AM light FR bike just like the MEGATRON show up. :thumbsup:
It used to be that people were content with a mens (or woman's) magazine of their choice and a little privacy for their "gentlemen's activity" but you sir have taken the act of self love to a whole new level, bravo, bravo :thumbsup:

·
beater
6,101 Posts
Davidcopperfield said:

Sweet. I'll get one of those to go with my Niner DTS9.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I've read some feedback that such a burly frame would be better off with a little bit more travel like 150mm. Besides there is RS Revelation 150mm in the works, perfectly matching the Megatron. Prime at 130mm? Hmm great idea, however not offering another longer travel stout frame, the squishiness of which Banshee is known for, is not. Yeah they focus on AM-FR bikes more than lighter trail bikes.
The 150mm Megatron would be a perfect alternative to the Lunchbox both at a lower price and better suspension :thumbsup:

·
beater
6,101 Posts
Davidcopperfield said:
Guys and gals don't be evasive, just express your opinion thoroughly and drop a line to Keith. Really there've been lots of you disappointed with 'just' mere 130mm shorttravelness. You asked- why 5" only? Why not 150mm. What do you think about Megatron 150mm?
Lord knows why I'm doing this, but...

There were a number of Prime development threads with Banshee asking for (and responding to) opinions from potential riders. We already know they're listening. That's not the same thing as writing up feverish press releases claiming Banshee or Niner are working on a pie-in-the-sky project. At least they're making 29" bikes- start bothering Transition or someone else.

And I'll tell you why I'm cool with the Prime at 130mm: I watched someone riding Moab (Amasa Back and Rockstacker) on a Spitfire. That's a 127mm frame, and he was happily riding anything I'd ever try and more.

FWIW, DC, I've always respected that you take a ton of abuse and never let it get personal. But these phony announcements are ridiculous.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
OMG, I CANNOT believe I am feeding the troll, but here goes........

DC, WTF is up with you, Banshee has been designing and building bikes for a long time and sucessfully at that I might add. They do their homework, research the potential market AND ask for thoughts and feedback from customers through web sites like MTBR. In doing that they have determined that 130mm rear travel is a good place to start with their FIRST 29er FS.

I'd be so bold as to say that in their research they found that most who would be looking at it ride a mix from AgroXC toFull on Agro AM, with the majority being more in the middle to lower end AgroXC-AM. Unlike a lot of companies, Banshee is not just about getting your $$, they AFAIK will not compromise their ideals just to satisfy the market if they don't think it's right and right now, they don't think a bike with more rear travel is right.

I salute Banshee for having morals and standards they're not willing to cross or give up just for the mighty $$. I'm guessing that once the Prime has been out some time to the public and been riden extensively and technology moves on they will evaluate the markets/wants and needs of customers to see if something like your Megatron is a viable product to bring to market. By then maybe there'll be longer travel single crown forks using 35mm stanchions, but who knows for sure.

Davidcopperfield said:
Guys and gals don't be evasive, just express your opinion thoroughly and drop a line to Keith. Really there've been lots of you disappointed with 'just' mere 130mm shorttravelness. You asked- why 5" only? Why not 150mm. What do you think about Megatron 150mm?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LyNx said:
I'm guessing that once the Prime has been out some time to the public and been riden extensively and technology moves on they will evaluate the markets/wants and needs of customers to see if something like your Megatron is a viable product to bring to market. By then maybe there'll be longer travel single crown forks using 35mm stanchions, but who knows for sure.
I fully agree but for wait-and-see part. Why introducing only one frame whilst more are asked for? Both prime and megatron are waited for. All those guys on Lunchboxes would choose Megatrom over Prime, then why offering one frame only and wait for serious AM/FR guys to buy lighter Trail bike? I don't get it.
It's like introducing SS 29er to test the market and base future predictions concerning FS 29ers fate just on SS sales.
Do you really believe that AM guys will purchase a trail bike to convince the frame builder to make them a longer travel frame?
Equally you could buy a SUV to compete in Paris Dakar first just to get a proper off road vehicle some years later. Nonsense.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You know Mike, we have really missed your DC Alter-Ego, nice to get a chuckle every so often.
Davidcopperfield said:
I fully agree but for wait-and-see part. Why introducing only one frame whilst more are asked for? Both prime and megatron are waited for. All those guys on Lunchboxes would choose Megatrom over Prime, then why offering one frame only and wait for serious AM/FR guys to buy lighter Trail bike? I don't get it.
It's like introducing SS 29er to test the market and base future predictions concerning FS 29ers fate just on SS sales.
Do you really believe that AM guys will purchase a trail bike to convince the frame builder to make them a longer travel frame?
Equally you could buy a SUV to compete in Paris Dakar first just to get a proper off road vehicle some years later. Nonsense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts