Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Badger Returns!!! (Pre and post paint photos)

Now that I have gotten home and recoverd from the mohican 100 it is time to write the ride report. Thats right the first ride on my Badger 29er was the mohican 100. Rob got me the frame on wednesday. I ended up staying late at work and building the bike up, extra hours at the shop, ouch. The pain of staying was well worth it though. I got the bike built up and took it for a quick spin around the parking, yep good to go. I loaded the bike up and headed for ohio. I got to the race and started gettting ready for the race, it was going to be a muddy one they had several inches of rain the day and a half prior to the race. My initial impressions of the bike starting forming early the first 3-4 miles of the race were on pavement and had a few climbs. Wow was the rear of the bike stiff it accelerated effortlessly and climbed the smooth rode with ease. The first few of road miles of the course took us down a logging road before dumping into the single track. The road was bumpy but I wasn't really noticing the bumps that much the bike seemed to float over the rough stuff rather that bounce over it. Now to the impressive part. We got onto the singletrack and the bike was an absolute joy. I have never owned a bike that handled as well as this, not my Dean 29er, xcal, or fuel 26in, not to mention the other 20 or so bikes I've owned or ridden. I also notice or rather didn't notice any discomfort on the bike. Not once in the 100 miles did my back hurt or any part of my upper body. This is by far the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden even more so than my 4in travel fule. The course have a good mix of terrain as well and had some killer downhills and a couple of technical areas. The bike was incredibly stable descending and I could easily steer the bike with my hips. So by the end of the race I found myself smiling because the bike was such a joy to ride. I wasn't able to to really rail the bike in the singletrack because it was so wet and muddy but will update this as soon as I can. The bike is at paint right now so it will be a week or two, but there will be more to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dirty?

Yeah it is going to be rough... I've been so exctied to get it back since Mohican because it rode so well, and now that it is back I don't want to ride, I just want to hang it on the well. Oh well, it is a bike right, meant to be ridden. What can be better than mobile art.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rim

I am actually moving to Fort Collins to go back to school so I am probably going to miss it. I am a little bummed about that, it has always been one of my favorites.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this post:madmax: . After reading it and talking to Rob (suuuuuper nice guy) I need one of his bikes.:thumbsup:

Wifey is not going to be happy:madman:

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
That is one sharp looking bike! Sounds like it fits you like a glove. I feel the same way about my steel 29er, it is the most comfortable bike I've owned. Even more comfortable than full sus 26ers I've had in the past.

·
BigWheelsKeepOnTurning...
31 Posts
:thumbsup: That is one sweet looking bike. Rob is building one for my wife, I am hoping to get a Badger for me in a few more months. I really like the looks of the cruiser style frame that he built that is shown in another thread. The light blue is really cool, did Rob's usual painter do that or did you use someone else?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rob had it painted. He is using a new painter but I am pretty sure the painter he used on my frame is the one that he is sticking with. Mine was the first frame that he sent to this guy, and it turned out better than I could have expected. I almost don't want to ride it, but I know how sweet the ride is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.