Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6797 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
I did a search, and sorry if I missed it, but it looks like there is no trail riding hardtail thread.

Well here's my hardtail that I use for a trail ride. I know that some of the parts are pretty beefy, but that will change with time.

Frame: 2005 Devinci Hucker medium
Fork: 2005 Marz Drop-off 130mm
Brakes: Hayes HFX-9's 8" rotors
Cranks: Truvative Hussefelt
Front Derailleur: Sram X-Gen
Rear Derailleur: Sram X-7
Pedals:Generic flats, to be replaced ASAP
Stem: Unknown Easton stem from the parts box
Handlebar: OEM Rocky Mountain, only 25.4 bar I have
Seatpost: Truvative XR
Saddle: WTB Power V Comp
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Gigapipe DH LT
Cassette: Shimano ?? 11-34
Headset: FSA Orbit Z1.5R
Grips: lock on's
Tires: WTB Weirwolf Comp 26x2.5"
Wheels: Double track's laced to XT hubs
Weight: unofficial about 34-36 lbs





-mike-
 

·
El Pollo Diablo
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
'06 Kona Scrap.
Stock, except for grips and roach chainstay guard.
Oh, and pirate bandaid cable rub protector.

Not worth photographing :p
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts


Addict

203s weren't needed, back to the 160s.
Avid J7
Syncros Bearhug 50mm Stem
Titec Hellbent riser bars
SRAM x9 rear shifter
ODI Rogue lock-on grips
Some bar end caps I machined
Chris King headset
Rockshox Pike fork
Hadley front and rear (108pt) hubs laced to Atomlab Trailpimps with DT spokes.
Tubeless Holy Roller tires
Saint cranks
Kona Jackshit pedals
e13 SRS chainguide
Wipperman Connex 9x1 stainless steel chain
XTR cables and housing
XTR cassette
SRAM x9 super short cage rear derailleur
Hope QR seatpost clamp
Thomson 27.2x330 seatpost
WTB saddle
 

·
011100000110111101101111
Joined
·
1,247 Posts


Frame: 2006/2007 Sinister Ridge medium
Fork: 06 Z1 light
Brakes: 180mm Magura Louise
Cranks: XT
Front Derailleur: XT w/ heim guide & blackspire roller
Rear Derailleur: Sram X9
Pedals:Azonic A frame
Stem: 50mm thomson x4
Handlebar: 31.8 EA70
Seatpost: RF evolve dh
Saddle: WTB rocket v
Bottom Bracket: RF Atlas
Cassette: Sram 11-32
Headset: FSA Orbit Z1.5R
Grips: ruffian w/ hope plugs
Tires: spec'd 2.4 enduro front, 2.35K 60a highroller back
Wheels: Hadley, syncros ds28
Weight: not sure.. probably around 30
 

·
conjoinicorned
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
the FR/AM bike, balfa minuteman, 37 lbs


the XC/AM bike, on-one inbred 29er, 25 lbs


PS. unfluid one...that sinister is awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Bought this bike new when I first started riding. I've upgraded most everything as things have either worn out or broken. Not the best, but it gets the job done. I'm hopefully going to upgrade to a F/S by the end pof the year so probably won't spend a lot on this one unless something has to be relaced to keep 'er running.

Frame: 1998 Diamond back Topanga Comp
Fork: Spinner Ricochet 100mm (would like to find something 120-130mm)
Brakes: Avid Single Digit 7s w/ Speed dial 7 levers
Cranks: Truvative FireX 22-32-Bash
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Shifters: Shimano Deore (need to be replaced)
Pedals: Crank Borother Candy Cs
Stem: Generic
Handlebar: Generic
Seatpost: Generic
Saddle: Titec Ithys Gove Ti
Bottom Bracket: No clue, some squarer taper thing
Cassette: Shimano XT 11-32
Headset: 1 1/8 Aheadset
Grips: Performance lock on's (look like ODI Ruffians for 1/2 the $$)
Tires: Panaracer Fire XC 26x2.1"
Wheels: Vuelta rims, generic hubs, straight gauge spokes (need to be replaced)
Weight: unofficial about 30 lbs
 

·
Me hates pinchflat
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Mine. I use it for everything from dh to 4x :D Its half crappy half decent...

Frame:'05 Ironhorse Yakuza Chimpira
Fork: '06 66rc2x
Brakes: Hayes mx-2 mechanical brakes 8" rotors (im saving for a pair of Magura Loises)
Cranks: FSA Alpha drive
Front Derailleur: Extremely crappy low end shimano
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Pedals: Strange brand bmx pedals. Pretty nice :thumbsup:
Stem: generic
Handlebar: generic
Seatpost: generic once again (stuck with jb weld and locktite btw :cool:)
Saddle: SDG
Bottom Bracket: FSA ISIS
Cassette: Shimano ?? 11-34
Headset: FSA something
Grips: ODI Ruffian lock on's
Tires: WTB Motoraptors 2.4 (one blew up yesterday for being too close to the exaust pipe of a pickup :mad:)
Wheels: WTB Dual Duy Fr with a Quando 20mm hub up front
Weight: not very light but not too heavy

Sorry for the crappy pic :skep:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
545cu4ch said:
Mine. I use it for everything from dh to 4x :D Its half crappy half decent...

Frame:'05 Ironhorse Yakuza Chimpira
Fork: '06 66rc2x
Brakes: Hayes mx-2 mechanical brakes 8" rotors (im saving for a pair of Magura Loises)
Cranks: FSA Alpha drive
Front Derailleur: Extremely crappy low end shimano
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Pedals: Strange brand bmx pedals. Pretty nice :thumbsup:
Stem: generic
Handlebar: generic
Seatpost: generic once again (stuck with jb weld and locktite btw :cool:)
Saddle: SDG
Bottom Bracket: FSA ISIS
Cassette: Shimano ?? 11-34
Headset: FSA something
Grips: ODI Ruffian lock on's
Tires: WTB Motoraptors 2.4 (one blew up yesterday for being too close to the exaust pipe of a pickup :mad:)
Wheels: WTB Dual Duy Fr with a Quando 20mm hub up front
Weight: not very light but not too heavy

Sorry for the crappy pic :skep:
I think your saddle is a GDS... your way of sitting in the bike is wrong, trust me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Here's mine. Used for a lot of other stuff.

Frame: medium 2004 Norco Sasquatch
Fork: Dirt Jumper III w/ 130mm damping (i know its not really an AM fork but like i said, i use it for a lot of other stuff.)
Brakes: Hayes HFX-9 w/ 8" rotors
Crankset: Truvative Hussefelt
F Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
R Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Pedals: Wellgo DX flat (changing for DMR V8 soon)
Stem: Axiom (DH stem, unknown model)
Handlebar: Unknown (freeride bar)
Seatpost: Axiom comp
Saddle: Axiom freeride
Bottom Bracket: Truvative ISIS Giga
Casette: Shimano HG-30
Headset: FSA (unknown model)
Grips: Oury
Tires: Kenda Kinetic
Wheels: Alex MX-22 rims, Shimano M475 hubs, front 9mm bolt-on, rear QR axles.
Weight: 36 lbs.
 

·
Me hates pinchflat
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
fer83 said:
I think your saddle is a GDS... your way of sitting in the bike is wrong, trust me.
Sh1t...
Thanks for telling me. No wonder I felt "raped" after a ride :skep:...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
545cu4ch said:
Sh1t...
Thanks for telling me. No wonder I felt "raped" after a ride :skep:...
take it easy, I'm only joking... I think that your bike has the perfect setup to do it all and don't worry about her except, you know, saddle position ;).
 

·
Me hates pinchflat
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
fer83 said:
take it easy, I'm only joking... I think that your bike has the perfect setup to do it all and don't worry about her except, you know, saddle position ;).
Whats wrong? should I put my seat higher?? :confused:
 

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
Joined
·
8,847 Posts
Peyto Cycles Wild Bill frame, 05 RS Pike Team, Hope/King wheels, Race Face/SRAM/Shimano mixed drive bits, Avid Juicy-5 brakes. Thomson stem/ProTaper bar/Gravity Dropper Descender post. (makes the bike even better!) Tires vary.

I love this bike. It does it all. Got the frame for about half his regular price; not custom to me but, it was exactly what I wanted when shopping, and still is. At least for a hardtail. ;)
 

Attachments

·
Ariolimax columbianus
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
scrublover said:
Peyto Cycles Wild Bill frame, 05 RS Pike Team, Hope/King wheels, Race Face/SRAM/Shimano mixed drive bits, Avid Juicy-5 brakes. Thomson stem/ProTaper bar/Gravity Dropper Descender post. (makes the bike even better!) Tires vary.

I love this bike. It does it all. Got the frame for about half his regular price; not custom to me but, it was exactly what I wanted when shopping, and still is. At least for a hardtail. ;)
Hey scrublover, do you have a salsa skewer on your Pike? If you do, how does it work? Or is it a Pike w/different lowers?

Here's my 456, an older pic, now its got a front derailleur, longer cranks, shorter stem, different bars. I'll post a new pic soon.
 

Attachments

·
El Pollo Diablo
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
/me is totally jealous of all these pikes.
school, work, or riding... pick two
:p
(based on how poor I am (very) guess which two :) )

Nice bikes, Id be posting a pic of mine, but ran into some 'technical difficulties' in altering her from stock form.
stupid brakes! lol, at least I got the saddle swap done!
 

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
Joined
·
8,847 Posts
nativeson said:
Hey scrublover, do you have a salsa skewer on your Pike? If you do, how does it work?
Yep. If you pull your Maxle apart, it'll be easy to see what I did; easier than me trying to describe it. The only extra bit I did was to machine (well, Dremel) part of the Salsa cam bit to replicate the shape of the cam bit on the Maxle. Been working great for nearly two years now, with no issues whatsoever. Salsa works, and I've got a Hope on my Lyrik, though that required a bit more work. The bits for the newer generation Maxles I think are not as friendly to being modded.

Disclaimer: obviously RS would say to not do this/void your warrantee/blahblah. Do at your own risk, tighten everything up if you do it. And use Loctite on the skewer/lever bits that you replace, even though the female threaded portion has a lock/set screw.
 

·
Meh.
Joined
·
17,508 Posts
chelboed said:
Addict? Never heard of it, but I'm droolin'.

edit: Just went to their site...wow, Will. Nice ride!!!
So I was scrolling down, and I saw the picture. I was like HEY! It's another Addict! Hmmm... Looks a lot like my bike... And then I realized it was my bike. Haha.

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy it. It gets the jobs done.

Soul Cycles Roscoe


Addict with some other parts a couple months ago


Spare parts Haro Escape


Old Surly


Some very ill bikes. Keep em coming.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Frame: Voodoo Bakka Medium
Fork: Manitou Black Super Air 120mm
Brakes: Hayes HFX-9 HD 8" rotors
Cranks: Bontrager Race
Front Derailleur: Shimano SIS
Rear Derailleur: Sram X-9
Shifters: SRAM X-9
Stem: Amoeba Borla
Handlebar: OEM Giant
Seatpost: Amoeba Borla
Saddle: WTB Lazer V
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Square Taper
Cassette: SRAM Powerglide II
Headset: Cane Creek s8
Grips: ODI Yeti
Tires: WTB Weirwolf 26x2.1"
Wheels: Ringle Abbah S.O.S with Mavic 221

 
1 - 20 of 6797 Posts
Top