Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... I wanted to try to beat the heat for a ride and almost made it. The temperature was 85f at 3:50am as I pulled into the trailhead, I was happy with that because there was no blazing ball of fire staring down on me from the sky. It was 103f when I finished.

Matt

http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/40956525

It was only me and the donkeys at 4am.....
Darkness Midnight Pack animal

Pre-dawn GoPro night vision.....
Mountainous landforms Mountain range Hill Highland Mountain

Here comes the sun....
Nature Natural environment Mountainous landforms Natural landscape Landscape

Hiding from the sun in the valleys.....
Nature Vegetation Natural environment Green Natural landscape

It's up and blasting the heat....
Nature Natural environment Atmosphere Photograph Landscape

My best riding partner.....
Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Plant community Bicycle wheel rim Mountain bike

Finding some cover......
Darkness Helmet Bicycle wheel Concrete Bicycle tire

Swoosh.....
Nature Vegetation Road Natural landscape Infrastructure

I'm trying!!.....
Road Grass Road surface Green Asphalt

How's my hair?
Wrinkle Selfie Rock-climbing equipment Adventure Rope

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pahearn said:
Why not take off the base layer? :)
It's a thin "lycra-type" material that I use mainly to keep the sun off my skin and feels nice and cool with a splash of water :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Young, Shawn Young
3,165 Posts
You are friggin core dude! I think you are riding your ass off and then one day you will just walk a way and say enough.

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
Redmon said:
You are friggin core dude! I think you are riding your ass off and then one day you will just walk a way and say enough.
Ha ha. I wonder that sometimes too. I ride and ride and ride almost every day. Will I wake up one day and just walk away like Forest Gump? In fact, that scene from the movie flashed before my eyes every once in awhile. I guess if I do... I'll know I rode enough.

Nice work Matt. Great passion post. I got up a 5:15AM ( again ) to beat the "heat" (It's been in the 90s here:eekster: ) this morning and had a Gumpish moment as I sat in my garage trying to decide which trail I wanted to ride. It's only half way through the summer riding season and I'm already getting bored with the usual fare (Time to start building new trail or heading to more distant parts). Once I made my choice and got out there I had a killer ride so no walking away for me yet.

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
I cheated today.
I went to Bootleg via pavement, and after sunset.

I think that donkey might be the ghost of a glue factory victim... :D

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KRob said:
Wait. I just caught this part. You rode 60 miles?!? Freakin' awesome. Did you do two loops? You'll be more than ready for the Ely 100 this fall (Promise to wait for me to catch up.)
Yep, 60 miles in that heat was a bear. I was expecting to cramp but never did. I figured I drank 280oz of fluids in 6hrs. I'll be putting together the Blue Diamond Century Tour when the weather cools off a bit...ok, when it cools off a lot! ;)

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts