Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got a chance to snap a few pictures of the El Capitan that got his own purple sparkle treatment.

This has like four colors in it. In the sun it has a very purple base color with a lot of very gold/orange-ish sparkles. If you walk around to the other side of the bike so that you're facing the sun some green sparkles come out, trippy!
In the dark cloudy day, the bike takes on a very deep solid purple. Cool in it's own right.
Other times it looks slightly blue.

It's very cool, but I dig my sparkly El Chucho.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OldHouseMan said:
Another awesome paint job!!!

Is that the new 5" Capitan? If it is, do you know if there were any adjustments to the geometry to fit the 5"s of travel?
This was an `08 hanging on the rack that we pulled and got er powdered all purdy, so it's just a regular 4" El Capitan front triangle.

So far the customer is digging the extra fluff in the rear. But not feeling too out of whack. But then again, thsi guy is just a hammer, no matter what you throw at him. Not the best 'tester pilot' by any means.:p

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crisillo said:
NOIIIIIIICE! :p
hehehe...when
I first read your post I was thinking, "What the heck is Crisillo talking about noise for??", but then I noticed it was a 'c' not an 's'. Gotcha.:madman: :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
Another awesome paint job!!!

Is that the new 5" Capitan? If it is, do you know if there were any adjustments to the geometry to fit the 5"s of travel?
The new geometry specs are finally up on our website although there are a couple of PDFs not working yet (El Chucho & X-5). If anyone has questions or wants a spec sheet emailed to them, contact me at [email protected].

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.