Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some shots taken from my helmet cam. We built this trail--The West Nile Mile--earlier this summer. The 4 whores are the first 4 jumps on the trail. After the whore's, there are 7 more built features. The jumps are a ton of fun. You do have to be pretty dialed to nail the landings. It turnded out to be quite a pain to build super long, safe, landings. ala 4 whores

Attachments

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
godammit...

powderho said:
Here's some shots taken from my helmet cam. We built this trail--The West Nile Mile--earlier this summer. The 4 whores are the first 4 jumps on the trail. After the whore's, there are 7 more built features. The jumps are a ton of fun. You do have to be pretty dialed to nail the landings. It turnded out to be quite a pain to build super long, safe, landings. ala 4 whores
Where the hell do you guys live...I wanna ride some of that stuff! jesus, we need some stunts in Phoenix, but have no private land to do it on!

·
Registered
45 Posts
riggse said:
Where the hell do you guys live...I wanna ride some of that stuff! jesus, we need some stunts in Phoenix, but have no private land to do it on!
shut if you think you have no land in phoenix, you should try here in san antonio, tx. no private, no public land and the xc crowd have nothing else to do but to look at their heart monitors while drinking cytomax and take down anything that remotely get their tires more than 2 inches of the ground, and god forbit if they come across anything that looks like fr/dh.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
I feel for you bro, that sucks.

drop zone cycling said:
shut if you think you have no land in phoenix, you should try here in san antonio, tx. no private, no public land and the xc crowd have nothing else to do but to look at their heart monitors while drinking cytomax and take down anything that remotely get their tires more than 2 inches of the ground, and god forbit if they come across anything that looks like fr/dh.
But I find it really funny (and I don't know why) that you unitentionally gave a Cytomax a link to purchase products! Rock on...

Wonder if this will work...
Specialized Maxxis Marzocchi 661

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
For a second I thought this was gonna be a post whining about all the post whores here, or atleast the top 4 since the title and all. Definitely looks like sweet riding! Cool pics:D

·
Banned
16 Posts
no jumps

are you sure you are in Phoenix? You need to hook up with Cactus bike or someone who knows the area. There are tons of jumps, drops, and stunts around. Have you ridden south mountain? I can think of a few right in the park area, ever dropped off the roof of Rustler's Roost, how about all the stuff in the Holbert Pit. As for jumps ever been out to the Mesa area or N Phoenix, how about the metro center skate park, ok i hope you get the idea.

there is also the XXX........and Papago of course.

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
I thought I was in Phx...

gunslingger said:
are you sure you are in Phoenix? You need to hook up with Cactus bike or someone who knows the area. There are tons of jumps, drops, and stunts around. Have you ridden south mountain? I can think of a few right in the park area, ever dropped off the roof of Rustler's Roost, how about all the stuff in the Holbert Pit. As for jumps ever been out to the Mesa area or N Phoenix, how about the metro center skate park, ok i hope you get the idea.

there is also the XXX........and Papago of course.
But where is South Mountain? And Holbert? And what is a Cactus bike?

·
Registered
94 Posts
drop zone cycling said:
So true, im in austin though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i use a sportzshot helmet cam. check out sportzshot.com. My friend has a viosport and it's not nearly as nice. The resolution isn't as good and the battery is bigger. If you're getting a helmet cam you need a Sony digi cam as well. Canon's will work--but not with one-button remote--wich is pretty much mandatory. Good luck. Helmet cams take a lot of trial and error.

·
Registered
131 Posts
totally sick...

So me and Krispy rode the "West Nile Mile" yesterday for the first time. Super sick. We couldn't believe how groomed the jumps were. Thanks to all the fella's who spent countless hours so we could shred. We also hit up the road gap at the bottom, man that is fun. Just so everyone knows, I hit it first. Krispy was scared - ha ha ha!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.