Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 578 Posts

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a place to share pix from our rides with the B+...

Sarge 4.jpg
Sarge out singletrackin in New Castle, CO

IMG_0249.jpg

Weather was kinda cooperatin with us, til the sky opened up and we got soaked!

·
Ambassador of Chub
2,827 Posts
Somewhere in Idaho...

:thumbsup:

Reactions: mk.ultra

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing, Smithhammer! Good to see the activity in action.

What is that sweet lookin bike?

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell ya what, I can't get enough of the fat and kinda fat! The Sergeant feels like a fatty without the drawbacks. Guess there's really no drawbacks cause I love riding my fatty with those 4.8" marshmallow we call tires! + does get better fuel economy tho'.
The Hayduke was on my radar and couldn't find one at the time... Sweet rig, indeed!

I discovered there was no pic thread like tha fat forum has and we +'s need one too! :)

IMG_0247.jpg
Barrel Cactus in bloom along the trailside..

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Nice ride B-Rune, saw them in the ads and checked them out, really wish I could justify another, but just honestly can't and since a 650Bx2.8" will fit in the rear of all my bikes, so I honestly am good to go. Here's 2 pics on my inaugural rides with both bikes I've tried 650B+ on, just get a quick feel for them and take a pic or two.

Paradox with WTB Asym i35/Pro2 wheels and WTB 2.8" Trailblazer r/ 3.0" Trailboss front. This was my first go at B+ and those were the cheapest tyres I could find. Actually got the 2,8" first to test fit in my frames, then ordered the 3.0" thinking it would be undersized like the 2.8", but it was not.

DSCN3681_CROP.jpg
DSCN3691.jpg

Phantom with WTB Asym i35/Pro2 wheels, 2.8" Nobby Nics. Got the Nics to try and gain some wet condition traction as the WTB were just stupid scary in the wet, not grip what so ever and the Maxxis weren't yet available.

DSCN4395_WEB.JPG

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LyNx, I will never let go of my 09 Rune! Valhalla season pass, FTW!

3203.jpg

I'm gonna drop Sarg's seat all the way down and take Sarge down Valhalla this summer, should be awesome!

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
I'm getting old and achey, so I bought a Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper 6Fattie at the end of April, and have been enjoying it tremendously. The one and only full suspension that I owned before this was a '97 Klein Mantra that I bought while I was still working at a shop. This beats that ol' catapult ;)

Played around on a log ride that got to about 4.5' off the ground before you exit:

Fully @ Fountainhead by ricky d, on Flickr

Tested the travel:

Fountainhead on a Fully by ricky d, on Flickr

I found a fallen tree while riding by the local disc golf course, and played around with it for a few minutes (vid):

Broken Tree by ricky d, on Flickr

Apologies to those that have already seen these in other threads :)

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries, Drevil! That hair! Takes me back a few years to the time when I had hair to the small of my back...Good times!

Pfft! Now what I do have is gray...

Fountainhead on a fully is a damn nice shot. That air time had to have shown up on your cellular bill, lol

·
Rippin da fAt
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice location, BlackCanoeDog! Bet your dog slept well following...

1 - 20 of 578 Posts